Arcade Fire 2: Arcade Harder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I figured it's some sort of metaphor for living in the suburbs (obviously). I know this was filmed in Austin or Houston. Not sure what the military is doing there, but maybe that's to keep Impy away?

I haven't seen these guys live in ages, or at least it feels like it. My last shows were two album preview church shows and two arena shows form 2005 :(

i forget what song i heard on the radio this morning, but i was pretty disappointed. they're the arcade fire, goddammit. they're not supposed to be able to put out boring songs.

:mad:

I haven't seen these guys live in ages, or at least it feels like it. My last shows were two album preview church shows and two arena shows form 2005 :(

They'll be touring in April or May, I'm certain of that. And Montreal will definitely be on the itinerary, as they only played once last year, and that was a festival show.

:lol: i don't even remember posting that. nor do i remember what i may have been refering to, so there's no chance of any explanation.

According to the local indie station here, Arcade Fire are supposed to be touring with Portishead in 2011. No word on where or when yet (probably Europe though).

I'll tell you this much, if that bill were to come here, I wout absolutely flip out.

That was really, really good stuff :up:. I liked it.

From the "Random Music Thread"...

I think that The Suburbs has three stellar tracks: Sprawl II, We Used to Wait, and Ready to Start. I would begin with them.

Just wanted to say I've listened to these songs, and I like these as well. Particularly "Ready To Start", I love the way that one opens, and it got me dancing in my chair. And I like the '80s feel of the songs, too. So now I'm off to check out the rest of the album. Thanks again for the recommendation :).

Angela

Hey... could someone tell me what recent issue of Rolling Stone has a pretty large article on the Arcade Fire? I have the past issues at my house and can't seem to find it.

Slightly more info in this press release. Looks like The National will be on for a few shows at least. Please let this happen in my geographical area. Please.

JUST ANNOUNCED | Arcade Fire plus very special guest The National at The UIC Pavilion on April 25!
by Jam Productions, Ltd on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 at 3:04pm

ARCADE FIRE
Plus Very Special Guests
The National

April 25 at 7:30pm
The UIC Pavilion in Chicago

Arcade Fire’s long-awaited Chicago headline date has just been announced, and is one of just a handful of cities where The National will be appearing as very special guests. Their latest studio release, The Suburbs, has earned universal accolades and debuted at the # 1 position on Billboard’s Top Albums chart.

Tickets on Sale Saturday, January 22 at 11:00am

Tickets $51.00 (reserved plus general admission main floor) will be available at The UIC Pavilion box office and all Ticketmaster outlets. To charge-by-phone call 800-745-3000. To order online, visit Ticketmaster.com. Each ticket purchased includes a donation to Partners In Health, dedicated for over 20 years to health and social justice.

The UIC Pavilion is located on the Chicago campus of the University of Illinois, on the corner of Harrison & Racine, just minutes from downtown and easily accessible from Interstates 90, 94 and 290.

So The National ARE coming back to Chicago, but as an opener? I really want to see them at their own gig, but obviously, this is an acceptable alternative.

Back
Top Bottom