Arcade Fire 2: Arcade Harder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rococo is great. The chorus is SUPPOSED to be slightly annoying: "using words they don't understand" and "what is that horrible song they're singing?" are the lyrical giveaways.

Sprawl II is the real prize of the album and the top track.

Oh, well, if it's annoying but it's intentionally annoying, I guess that's fine. I guess Wild Honey Pie is a good song now, too?

Kinda like when people say Man on the Moon was a shitty, incoherent mess because Kaufman's life was an incoherent mess. "It's supposed to mirror his life, man. Genius!" I'd like to think the band isnt so retarded as to use that piss poor excuse (not that I think Rococo is shitty)

I didn't think Man on the Moon was phenomenal, either. A decent movie with some good perf, but that's it.

And that R.E.M. song for the movie is even more overrated.

I don't think that any song this year has generated as much discussion on these forums as "Rococo."

And I somewhat like "Wild Honey Pie." It's a complete throw-away, but enjoyable in a quirky type of way. It's like Homer Simpson describing David Schwimmer: "Yeah...he's handsome, in an ugly sort of way."

Good shit. I think he overlooks Neon Bible's flaws for the sake of emphasizing its visceral impact, but his passion for the band is definitely some common ground we have. And I'm glad he gave Suburbs the chance an album of its kind needs to be fully appreciated (I also appreciate the shoutout in the paragraph mentioning this :wink: ).

That was a good read, thanks. I'm so used to shit-ass reviews that reading that was almost surreal for me.

And, I did think to myself at one point "He knows Travis???". :)

It was a very POLITICALLY INSIGHTFUL review as well, which I'm sure some would appreciate.

LilyMuld.jpg

It was a very POLITICALLY INSIGHTFUL review as well, which I'm sure some would appreciate.

LilyMuld.jpg
I was like, "Who the hell is that, Katy Perry?"

Then I thought it was the girl who's dating the guy in WAVVES, or is the guy WAVVES and the girl just hangs out with him and they smoke a ton of bud? I haven't been following music too well lately.

EDIT: ohhhh I was thinking of Best Coast.

Back
Top Bottom