Aphex Twin - Syro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know he likes headache inducing beats but I'm hoping for some catchy stuff like...

Sloth
I'm Self Employed
Reunion 2
PWSteal.Ldpinch.D
Cuckoo

If this release has any sort of cohesion it is bound to be in my year's top 3 album list.
Though the Analord/Chosen Lord stuff didn't blow me away.

Dick D. James on Kanye's Blame Game

Is it a sample? I actually don’t know what it ended up being in the end, I’m so slack. I know that he tried to fucking rip me off and claim that he’d written it, and they tried to get away with not paying. I was really helpful, and when they first sent it to me, I was like, “Oh, I can re-do that for you, if you like,” because they’d sampled it really badly and time-stretched it and there was loads of artifacts. I was like, “I’ll just replay it for you at that speed if you want.” And they totally didn’t even say “hello” or “thanks,” they just replied with, “It’s not yours, it’s ours, and we’re not even asking you any more.” [laughs]

I think it's fair to say that Mr. James is a bit more skilled than Kanye's when it comes to sampling / studio wizardry.

Selected Ambient Works Vol. I was released in 1992 and is still miles ahead of 99% of electronic based music released nowadays.

Aphex Twin Says His New Album Won't Be His Last | The FADER

1. First off, Aphex Twin is really nice; he was polite, he laughed at bad jokes, and he called back when the line cut out.

2. The oldest track on Syro was recorded six or seven years ago, but there are a lot of newer compositions on there, too. "I’d stockpiled up so much stuff and you can kind of have to draw a line under it somewhere," he said. "By banging something out it, it’s like the end of the chapter. It properly draws a line under it and allows you to move on."

3. He buys a shedload of new music everyday, mainly from the UK-based online music store Juno. "I buy ridiculous amounts of files," he told us. "I always go to that thing, 'Listen to the last eight weeks of whatever.' And it’s all those billions of genres, like Scouse house. There’s actually better music now than ever, that’s ever existed before in my life. It’s all kind of good listening stuff—stuff to play in the car—[but] not so much kicking stuff out there."

4. Music takes up all of his spare time, too: “I’m a serial killer for sounds,” he said with an audible Cheshire cat grin. “I collect sounds from other records so I have to know where they come from and how they’re made. I bought every old sampler in existence and bought all the sample libraries. Like a serial killer, basically. I’ve gone through all of the sounds and worked out where everyone got all their sounds from.”

5. And finally, he confirmed Syro wouldn't be a one-off—it's got him "kicked into gear" for a new period of output.

trying to figure out which format to get it in is really fucking annoying. I'd looooove that limited edition vinyl but far too pricey. standard vinyl looks pretty ordinary. getting it on CD seems reductive. but I don't really like buying digital.

Back
Top Bottom