Aphex Twin - Syro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This must be the biggest letdown for me in 2014. I did not expect an album as nuanced as ''Selected Ambient Works 85–92'' for example, but neither did i expect an album that gives me the impression of a collection of rarities, demos and b-sides. And i also find it ironic that the unreleased ''Caustic Window'' (originally planned to be released 20 years ago) is much more innovative,consistent and ''forward looking'' than ''Syro''. In a music genre that is still vital and evolving, ''Syro'' sounds to me outdated and pretentious.

This must be the biggest letdown for me in 2014. I did not expect an album as nuanced as ''Selected Ambient Works 85–92'' for example, but neither did i expect an album that gives me the impression of a collection of rarities, demos and b-sides. And i also find it ironic that the unreleased ''Caustic Window'' (originally planned to be released 20 years ago) is much more innovative,consistent and ''forward looking'' than ''Syro''. In a music genre that is still vital and evolving, ''Syro'' sounds to me outdated and pretentious.

This new album has more nuances with repeated listens than the Caustic Window album, which I found long-winded and a little dull. This is the more accessible album he has now. There's going to be more and I'm sure it'll be different/weird/strange.

Sent from my iPod touch using U2 Interference

All the weirdos have come out of the woodwork to rejoice at the return of their lord and saviour :p

MI0000123384.jpg

bono.jpg

Devil worshipping!

I almost Cobblered this album.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference to piss off Cobbler

This album is fucking fantastic! Maybe 10 listens in and pretty much love every track.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This album is really doing it for me. It reminds me of Autechre in parts which is awesome. Probably because it's so beat-heavy.

Finally bought the new album. While I've heard one other Aphex Twin album, this is the first one I've owned....

I like SAW1 and Richard D James album more than this, but it's better than everything else he's put out.

I'm not super high on this album, but I will say that Minipops is a perfect song for city driving at night.

It's also available for pre-order in the iTunes store now.
As much as I love Aphex Twin, or maybe because I do love him, I am a bit wary of ordering this without some sort of idea what I am purchasing here.

The EP has leaked, it's great. A lot more minimalist in terms of sounds, but just as engaging as the album.

Like Syro, it will be available in 24 Bit for those that care.

Back
Top Bottom