Anyone for a Desert Island?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. V

Refugee
So, er, I don't come here as often as I used to. But I'd like to. And a DI would be a wonderful way to reconnect with y'all.

I definitely have the listening time available for this. And I've been meaning to make a new list for years now. Anyone else as keen as I am?

Good to hear from you mate. Hope life is still treating you well.

I'd be keen. I'd be much more keen if it was a 60/80 minute one, though.

Wow, weird timing - just half an hour ago I was transferring playlists to my new computer from my old one and spotting the DI lists made me think it had been a long time since we'd had a DI.

However, it also made me think that my passion for DI is probably gone and I wouldn't compete. If I did, it would only be for a 60-80 minute one, but I'm fairly sure I'd sit it out. Last time I regretted competing just because my heart wasn't in it.

I'm keen for whatever - long, short, don't bother me. Passion's back. Listened to my list that won the thing a few years back and I got tingly feelings.

I'd only be in for a full length competition at this point. I have a backlog of lists that are at least 40 minutes longer than what is being suggested, and I'd like to use them. Besides, my single disc lists always feel half assed to me, probably because they are. 60 minutes is short even for a single genre.

What I suggest is that we have whatever length we want as long as it isn't longer than the traditional two disc format, and no shorter than an hour. Call it 60-160. Part of the competition is deciding what works best for your list, so we should leave that as open as possible. People have been doing that for years, only now we can encourage shorter lists.

And by not at all, I of course mean absolutely, and wish to provide you all with the ear rape that you didn't get the last time I played.

Oh, nevermind. I thought this was for nominating people to be dumped on a desert island

Wow, weird timing - just half an hour ago I was transferring playlists to my new computer from my old one and spotting the DI lists made me think it had been a long time since we'd had a DI.

However, it also made me think that my passion for DI is probably gone and I wouldn't compete. If I did, it would only be for a 60-80 minute one, but I'm fairly sure I'd sit it out. Last time I regretted competing just because my heart wasn't in it.
same here. but if one's done i'll do my part and applaud the contest and vote based on who i like best, not based off any playlists i actually heard. :p:

I count 9 yeses and a couple maybes. That's a decent start.

Remember when we used to get all 20 contestants by the end of the first day? Man.

Which is the very reason I'm unsure if it's worth it. Our numbers the last couple of times out had dwindled. I was hoping a longer than normal layoff would change that.

I do like your idea of playlist flexibility however.

It would make the listening easier for sure. Then again, I've got a job where I listen to music all day for the first time in my life, so it wouldn't have been a stretch for me at all to listen to 20 2.5 hour playlists in a couple of weeks this time.

But yeah, count me in. I look forward to making another playlist and hopefully being exposed to new stuff to enjoy!

I've got a job where I listen to music all day

What job is that, man?? if you don't mind me asking. Where can I find such a job? :drool:

This thing you guys are discussing sounds interesting. As much as I would love to create a desert island playlist, I don't know if I would have the time to do so.

I'd like to listen to the lists. I don't think I can make one that doesn't suck.

I really enjoyed my DI experience, but I'm afraid I just don't have the time for it right now. I would in the summer, but I realize that is putting it off a long time.

I'd be okay with this not happening until the summer if we could have more participation.

Back
Top Bottom