any gorillaz fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Demon Days was fantastic. I've never liked the debut all that much; equally scattershot, but it only has like 6-7 good songs.

snooty-1.gif

I like their debut when it came out, so I was pretty young then. Never heard all of Demon Days, but I liked the hip-hop part of Feel Good Inc, and that song with Shaun Ryder.

after a while tho their songs start to sound the same to me

That's probably the last criticism of Gorillaz that I would expect.

Dare is unbelievably awesome. Funny video as well, seeing Big Shaun Ryder's fat head in this wee room. Great single.

Dirty Harry was pretty cool too, what a groooove. And that El Manana song was quite beaut.

Huge fan right here, got into them through Blur. It's not just the music I love, it's everything that goes with it - the art, the backstories, the fandom. I used to spend hours and hours on Gorillaz-Unofficial back in the day. Unfortunately things seem a little dormant at the moment. :sigh:

I do think that Blur is a LOT better though.

Demon Days is one of the best albums of this decade.

Hell yes. I enjoy the debut as well, but this one... holy shit.

"Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Head" should not be as awesome as it is.

That's like saying David Bowie lacked creativity. And by that I mean, that's the exact opposite of what is the case.

Or saying he lacked cocaine.

on thier d sides collection, the first disc has 13 songs, 2 of em are alternate versions of songs on demon days. the other 11 songs i think are so good-great they could rival the other two albums. stop the dams/rock it/hong kong are fantastic. 68 state is great. every thing else is not bad to good. its a great collection,. its like a 3rd album. but they are working on thier 3rd album right now from what i hear.

on thier d sides collection, the first disc has 13 songs, 2 of em are alternate versions of songs on demon days. the other 11 songs i think are so good-great they could rival the other two albums. stop the dams/rock it/hong kong are fantastic. 68 state is great. every thing else is not bad to good. its a great collection,. its like a 3rd album. but they are working on thier 3rd album right now from what i hear.

damon unveiled a couple of demos they're working on, on radio 1/radio 2 (not sure which one) a couple of months ago. have you heard those?

I really like the Gorillaz. A lot. Saw them on that first tour they did, way back. Was kind of a mess, but the songs still sounded great.

the whole thing with using projectors to make those charaters appear 3d is pretty cool. like thier really there.

Back
Top Bottom