Another List Thread (Discourse = One Paddlin')

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A lot of that list makes me sad.
A lot of that list I lump into the group of "generic 80's crap I don't like".

Foreigner and REO are pretty high up on my list of godawful bands, Bad Company trailing close behind. I really can't stand any of their singles (although I have a soft spot for Foreigner's Juke Box Hero, one of the first 45s I ever owned).

Bon Jovi would be pretty high up there as well.

Although honestly, I never listen to the radio anymore aside from NPR. I read websites to find out about new music, and prefer to listen to my own stuff; what I want, when I want.
Ugh, Bad Company and Bon Jovi. Forgot about those.

I never listen to the radio, either. My iPod is full of stuff I rarely listen to, but I know I like. And B&C always gives good recommends for new stuff.

Napster'd it, biatch. I think I was so hugely disappointed because I was REALLY into discovering "new" 80s music at the time, and it was SO highly rated. It's probably something I should return to at some point.

Napster'd it, biatch. I think I was so hugely disappointed because I was REALLY into discovering "new" 80s music at the time, and it was SO highly rated. It's probably something I should return to at some point.

It's from the '70's, so you can change your opinion. :wink:

I say 80s, but mean the Post Punk/New Wave scene, but yeah, I did forget when that one came out.

Songs I heard on my gym ipod this morning, in order:

1.The Police--It's Alright for You
2. T. Rex--20th Century Boy
3. The Who--Long Live Rock
4. Television--Marquee Moon
5. Elvis Presley--Long Legged Girl With the Short Dress On
6. Pete Townshend--Let My Love Open the Door
7. Derek & the Dominoes--Keep on Growing
8. The Roots--Rock You

What was he touring? I almost feel like I'd enjoy his shows because he has enough individual songs I dig that I could get through two hours.

For now, I'm crossing my fingers for some 50th anniversary Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs performance, featuring Clapton on voice recognition machine and cash register.

I've always liked Cream's live stuff more than the albums. They're not the world's greatest songwriters, so stretching the instrumental passages is a good idea.

Here's a list. Cream songs I like a great deal:

Sweet Wine
I'm So Glad
I Feel Free
Sunshine of your Love
Tales of Brave Ulysses
White Room
Badge

Put all of those on the same album with one of those killer live performances of Spoonful and I'm on board.

This is a great album:
220px-Clapton_Rainbow_Remaster.jpg

Get the reissued one with more songs and banter on it.

My musical junk food albums:

(addictive, usually played in the afternoon, other people in my family can't stand them)

U2—Pop
U2—Zooropa
T.Rex—Electric Warrior
T.Rex—The Slider
Mott The Hoople—Greatest Hits

I have interesting parents :/

They don't really enjoy the falsetto much. As close as Marc Bolan comes to it, anyhow.

When we were in America, the digital station we listened to in the hire car played Mott the Hopple's cover of All the Young Dudes like twice a day. Fucking loathed it like no other song by the end of the trip.

Mott is a really great record.

Re: some of the Cream discourse ( :shame: ) earlier in the thread, I listened to Disraeli Gears again today and I'll concede that I really do like it. It's nicely paced and has some great singles. My problem with Cream is the vocals, which always sound pretentious to me for whatever reason, and when there's falsetto on songs like We're Going Wrong, it's just hideous. Some choir boy shit on what I presumed to be a rock song. But yeah, I liked it more than I remembered and now I want to listen to Clapton's Blues Breakers record.

Songs I heard on my gym ipod this morning, once again in order:

1. LCD Soundsystem--Disco Infiltrator
2.The Black Keys--Howlin' For You
3. The Black Lips--Don't Mess Up My Baby
4. The People's Temple--Sons of Stone
5. The White Stripes--My Doorbell
6. Simon & Garfunkel--Cecilia
7. The Specials--Concrete Jungle
8. Animal Collective--Lion in a Coma
9. X--Breathless (Single Mix)
10. The Clash--Police on My Back

The first song in the 'pod was helped along by the song playing over the gym's system. It was some horrible thing with a girl yodeling in auto-tune.

The first song in the 'pod was helped along by the song playing over the gym's system. It was some horrible thing with a girl yodeling in auto-tune.

Ha, that happens a lot for me as well. Whenever there is a quieter moment in a song on my iPod, I hear Kesha or some other pop drone briefly caterwauling over it. It makes for an odd juxtaposition.

Albums that I am anticipating for the last quarter of 2011:

1. Feist
2. Noel Gallagher
3. Bjork
4. Zola Jesus
5. St. Vincent
6. Girls
7. Neon Indian
8. M83
9. Coldplay
10. ...and some others that I am sure I am forgetting

On top of that, several reissues are due that I want to purchase.

Back
Top Bottom