Another List Thread (Discourse = One Paddlin')

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What I listened to on my road trip after the iPod battery died:

1. Ladies & Gentlemen We are Floating in Space - Spiritualized
2. Ladies & Gentlemen We are Floating in Space - Spiritualized

...because it was the only emergency CD I brought with me, carefully selected from the pile containing one CD on the kitchen table as I raced out the door.

Re: Led Zeppelin, I had a neighbor in NYC who used to awaken me in the middle of the night with Led Zep marathons. Nothing like "Hey hey mama said the way you move, Gon' make you sweat, gon' make you groove" at a deafening volume coming through the floorboards at 4AM to scare the shit out of you.

My least favorite songs

1. Whip My Hair- what'shername...
2. Tiptoe Through The Tulips- Tiny Tim
3. One More Time- Daft Punk
4. Don't Trust Me- 3OH!3
5. Pomp And Circumstance
6. Never Say Never- Justin Bieber

Albums not to listen to when your husband's out of town and you miss him really bad and you're driving home frm a movie about love and you have to call your colleague whose 26-year-old son died in May to check up on her and he was a friend of yours too:

1. Nick Cave's no more shall we part

especially:
1. (track 10) We Came Along This Road

It sickens me.

Songs that helped me during the winter (it was a depressing time)
1. Love Alone- Thriving Ivory
2. Some Kind of Home- Thriving Ivory
3. The Unforgettable Fire- U2
4. Original of the Species- U2
5. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses- U2

I'm looking forward to employing these songs again this year. They're not really mood-boosting, feel great about yourself songs, but they speak volumes to me.

In honor/dishonor of the impending AB reissue, the best reissue series in my collection:

1. Rhino special edition jazz reissues: boasting classic albums from Mingus, Coltrane, Ornette Coleman, and Roland Kirk, these remasters achieved remarkable sound and included a beautiful mini-LP design with both original liner notes and new appraisals.

2. U2 double-disc reissues: I think that the 80s reissue series did a very nice job of unearthing interesting rarities, and the double-disc versions always appeared very sleek to me. The three-disc versions are also great in terms of content, but I find their design a bit cumbersome.

3. Blue Note "RVG Editions": Blue Note deserves applause for having brought countless jazz musicians of the 50s and 60s back to some degree of public attention. Many of these albums had been out of print for years, so these reissues do a great service to Blue Note's remarkably deep and almost always brilliant catalogue.

4. The Cure "deluxe edition" reissue series: to me, The Cure is one of the few bands whose outtakes and demos are a worthwhile listen. You can really observe Smith constructing the funereal sound of the early albums through the demos on Seventeen Seconds and Faith. I'll be damned if "Airlock: The Soundtrack" is not one of the most frightening things ever committed to tape. These also include enthusiastic, loving essays and look great on a shelf.

5. The Beatles stereo box set: faced with the herculean task of doing justice to the most celebrated catalogue in all of music, this set came through with great sound and a functional, clean presentation. I really felt as though I were opening a treasure chest when I received this.

RS Home Demo of "In Between Days" :love:

I've been rather disappointed with the U2 remasters since TJT, to be honest, but I'm sure that's largely to do with not getting a concert for TUF, and the slapping in War with Boy and October, imo, it deserved better.

Albums not to listen to when your husband's out of town and you miss him really bad and you're driving home frm a movie about love and you have to call your colleague whose 26-year-old son died in May to check up on her and he was a friend of yours too:

especially:

:hug:

Nick Cave songs I heard today:

1. Straight to You

especially:

Great record. It's definitely behind Let Love In for me, but it's tied with Tender Prey for second. All depends on my mood there. It's like The Good Son (which is also strong), but with thicker atmosphere. It just feels more in character to me.

Albums I love listening to in the middle of the day when I'm tired, bored, and cranky:

1. U2—Zooropa
2. U2—Achtung Baby
3. Led Zeppelin—Led Zeppelin IV
4. The Ramones—Ramones
5. The Stone Roses—Best Of

Songs that get me all emotional (I've never actually cried to a song)

1. With or Without You live versions- U2
2. The First Time- U2
3. You've Got The Love- Florence and the Machine
4. Fuckin' Perfect- Pink
5. The Stairs, live from Wembley Stadium- INXS
6. I'm Just A Man- INXS
7. The Scientist- Coldplay
8. Flowers For A Ghost- Thriving Ivory
9. Some Kind of Home- Thriving Ivory

Because of a conversation I had with iYup the other day and because, why not?, a list of my favorite post-punk albums (according to what RYM considers to be Post-Punk, you may correct me if I'm wrong):

1.) Disintegration (Only Cure album I'll pick, don't want to overload)
2.) Script of the Bridge
3.) Primary Colors
4.) Ocean Rain
5.) Turn on the Bright Lights
6.) War
7.) Silent Alarm
8.)Marquee Moon
9.) Let Love In
10.) Franz Ferdinand

Also enjoy:
Six Songs by Sex Church

It's definitely not my favorite genre of music by a long shot, and these aren't necessarily pure post-punk either, but I do love these albums a whole hell of a lot.

Bands I checked on youtube last night (mostly celtic/folk metal and viking metal)

1. In Extremo
2. Subway to Sally
3. Alestorm
4. Heidevolk
5. Arkona
6. Primordial
7. Fear of Insomnia
8. Lyfthrasyar
9. Solitude Aeturnus

I like that daft punk and pomp and circumstance are the only ones from that list I've ever heard.

M.I.A's paper planes still tops my most hated songs list. Enough so that even though it's still the only song of her's I've heard, she could find her way onto a list of bands/artists I'd most like to see roasted on a spit...along with nickelback, lady gaga, the bee gees, and kid rock.

One More Time? :shocked: Daft Punk do have better songs but it doesn't deserve to be listed with the other trash there!

In honor of that list, I started my day off right with Daft Punk's Discovery. :dance: So much fun.

I like that daft punk and pomp and circumstance are the only ones from that list I've ever heard.

M.I.A's paper planes still tops my most hated songs list. Enough so that even though it's still the only song of her's I've heard, she could find her way onto a list of bands/artists I'd most like to see roasted on a spit...along with nickelback, lady gaga, the bee gees, and kid rock.
You're saving your ears.

Oh, that reminds me of a no. 9... Rockstar- Nickelback.

I HATE THAT SONG.

Bands that make me turn off the radio:

1. Foreigner
2. REO Speedwagon
3. Weezer
4. Nickelback
5. Kid Rock
6. Rush
7. Styx
8. Coldplay

I'll probably be adding to this as I think of more.

Foreigner and REO are pretty high up on my list of godawful bands, Bad Company trailing close behind. I really can't stand any of their singles (although I have a soft spot for Foreigner's Juke Box Hero, one of the first 45s I ever owned).

Bon Jovi would be pretty high up there as well.

Although honestly, I never listen to the radio anymore aside from NPR. I read websites to find out about new music, and prefer to listen to my own stuff; what I want, when I want.

Because of a conversation I had with iYup the other day and because, why not?, a list of my favorite post-punk albums (according to what RYM considers to be Post-Punk, you may correct me if I'm wrong):

1.) Disintegration (Only Cure album I'll pick, don't want to overload)
2.) Script of the Bridge
3.) Primary Colors
4.) Ocean Rain
5.) Turn on the Bright Lights
6.) War
7.) Silent Alarm
8.)Marquee Moon
9.) Let Love In
10.) Franz Ferdinand

Also enjoy:
Six Songs by Sex Church

It's definitely not my favorite genre of music by a long shot, and these aren't necessarily pure post-punk either, but I do love these albums a whole hell of a lot.

No Entertainment!? :sad:

Entertainment!! :drool:

...you mean the Gang Of Four album, right?

Foreigner and REO are pretty high up on my list of godawful bands, Bad Company trailing close behind. I really can't stand any of their singles (although I have a soft spot for Foreigner's Juke Box Hero, one of the first 45s I ever owned).

Bon Jovi would be pretty high up there as well.

Although honestly, I never listen to the radio anymore aside from NPR. I read websites to find out about new music, and prefer to listen to my own stuff; what I want, when I want.

You're as cold as ice.

Back
Top Bottom