Another List Thread (Discourse = One Paddlin')

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What the hell are you guys doing? Scumbo is on his fucking way, NSW. Your days are numbered.

Since he's on horseback, I'd say 9 or 10.

Please allow me to call your reading comprehension skills into question, as there is no reason whatsoever why I would give a shit about what happens in this thread.

NSW lives to douche another day.

Ranking SFA's excellent discography:

1. RADiator (A)
2. Rings Around The World (A)
3. Guerrilla (A-)
4. Dark Days/Light Years (A-)
5. Mwng (B+)
6. Fuzzy Logic (B+)
7. Hey Venus! (B)
8. Phantom Power (B-)
9. Love Kraft (B-)

Their first five albums are all masterpieces in their own way, though I'll admit to Fuzzy Logic being rather inconsistent and just not being in the mood to listen to Mwng that much.

Songs That Make Me Hate the Fuckin' Eagles, Man:

1. Hotel California

:up:

Songs that make me feel better on a shitty day:

1. Led Zeppelin—Whole Lotta Love
2. Joy Division—Transmission
3. Echo & the Bunnymen—Bring On The Dancing Horses
4. The Runaways—Hollywood
5. Joan Jett—I Want You
6. The Jam—Town Called Malice
7. David Bowie—The Jean Genie

*sigh*

How does that one work? "Well, at least I don't feel as bad as Ian Curtis!"

:lol: Actually, thinking too hard about Joy Division is kind of depressing (man, I state the obvious). That song's just so catchy I stop thinking for a while...

Songs I was obsessed with throughout this year:

1. Never Tear Us Apart- INXS (became one of my favorite songs)
2. Moondance- Van Morrison (lasted a day before I moved on)
3. The Great Beyond- R.E.M. (the replay button should have never been invented)
4. Dog Days Are Over- Florence And The Machine (still absolutely loving it)
5. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall- Coldplay (still playing it over and over)

5. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall- Coldplay (still playing it over and over)

Gahhh...sorry Blue...

Bands that help me write:
1. The Ramones
2. The X
3. Deep Purple
4. The Replacements
5. Echo & the Bunnymen
6. U2
7. The Rolling Stones

...wow, a lot of R's...

iron yuppie said:
Top five Eagles songs, even if the band is anathema around these parts:

1. Tequila Sunrise
2. Take It Easy
3. I Can't Tell You Why
4. One of These Nights
5. Witchy Woman

:tsk:

"Take it to the Limit"

(Stealing a couple lists I've seen here.)

Top Openers:

1. Muse
2. The Horrors
3. Silversun Pickups
4. Flying Lotus
5. Keane

Five Random Albums Off My iPod:

1. The Dead Weather - Horehound
2. Depeche Mode - Sounds of the Universe
3. She & Him - Volume 2
4. Tegan and Sara - The Con
5. TV On The Radio - Dear Science

copycat :tsk :wink:

much respect for the muppet avatar, though.

Top 5 most bearable Eagles songs:

1. One Of These Nights
2. Take It To The Limit
3. Take It Easy
4. In The City
5. Try And Love Again

Top 5 most unspeakably, earstabbingly awful Eagles songs:

1. New Kid In Town
2. Life In The Fast Lane
3. Heartache Tonight
4. Lyin' Eyes
5. Hotel California

While I like some of the One of These Nights stuff, I tend to be more sympathetic towards the early material, since no one takes that shit seriously. I'm completely indifferent towards Tequila Sunrise and Desperado, and I even somewhat enjoy Take It Easy at like 7 AM when I'm so tired I could drive off the road at a moment's notice. That period of Eagles music is the perennial soundtrack to barbeques and shitty Mexican restaurants, and I'm OK with that.

In contrast, there are rags that actually consider Hotel fucking California to be a great album and, having heard it in full, I am assured that it is not. In fact, New Kid In Town and Life In The Fast Lane are, respectively, the most irredeemably dull and most inane songs I hear on the radio on a fairly regular basis. I can't believe something so horrible could become a "classic," but that's how things go sometimes.

i like the eagles. i'm not in love with them and i don't even think i have a single song of theirs, but i don't mind them.

songs of theirs i hate:
1. take it easy
2. lyin' eyes
i can't think of any others right now.

bands i like better than the eagles and have listened to today:

1. xiu xiu
2. nerf herder
3. everything else that i listened to today

i hate the eagles.

Favorite songs of mine over the years

1. Breakaway- Kelly Clarkson
2. Complicated- Avril Lavigne
3. Thunder- Boys Like Girls
4. Angels On The Moon- Thriving Ivory
5. With or Without You- U2
6. One Tree Hill- U2
7. The Stairs- INXS

6&7 share the title right now. I'm sure there are more that I can't think of.

NSW lives to douche another day.

Ranking SFA's excellent discography:

1. RADiator (A)
2. Rings Around The World (A)
3. Guerrilla (A-)
4. Dark Days/Light Years (A-)
5. Mwng (B+)
6. Fuzzy Logic (B+)
7. Hey Venus! (B)
8. Phantom Power (B-)
9. Love Kraft (B-)

Their first five albums are all masterpieces in their own way, though I'll admit to Fuzzy Logic being rather inconsistent and just not being in the mood to listen to Mwng that much.

Saying Radiator is SFA's best album is like saying the same thing about the Beach Boys' Today! or Summer Days. Great material, but doesn't show a whole lot of respect for the genius that had yet to fully develop. I'm not going to argue with you and Hipster Frog again about Love Kraft and Phantom Power (the latter could stand to lose a few tracks, I'll agree); they're not what YOU want them to be, which is as weird as the previous albums, but to me the sophistication of the writing and arrangements are still a breath of fresh air compared to the music that was being made at that time. And of course, you overrate the most recent return to weirdness, just like Embryonic. Whatevs.

1. Rings Around The World A+
2. Love Kraft A
3. Guerilla A
4. Phantom Power B+
5. Hey Venus B+
6. Radiator B
7. Mwing B
8. Dark Days, Light Years B
9. Fuzzy Logic B-

I haven't heard The Eagles' "In the City," but I do love the solo Walsh cut from The Warriors.

photo_017.jpg

Make sure you don't overrate or underrate any of their music....best to play it safe and get Laz's opinion first, before you forge one of your own. You don't want your opinion to be wrong.....

To go back to the Eagles business, I don't mean to propagate a cool opinion for the sake of it. My issues with them are nearly the same as they are with a band like Coldplay. Their music doesn't register with me, nor do I think that their views on making music have been much more than capitalistic.

The Rolling Stones can be knocked for continuing to chug along, release new material and tour to the point of irrelevancy, but at least they at some point were relevant creatively.

From that, 5 Stones Tracks that Have Kicked My Ass Lately:

1. Winter
2. Prodigal Son
3. Sweet Virginia
4. Shattered
5. You Got the Silver

Love that #1. Goat's Head Soup is such a strong album (Winter likely my favorite on it as well), and there are times when I'm tempted to put it ahead of Beggar's Banquet, which is more consistent but after Sympathy travels a bit too long on that stripped-down road.

Those b-sides on All For Nothing/Nothing For All are amazing. I'm also a big fan of Date To Church, yet another example of the band's range, and also better than half the songs on Don't Tell A Soul.

Hopefully #4 was a nightmare. :wink:

Artists I'm seeing live tonight:

1. Kurt Vile

No spoken words said:
Make sure you don't overrate or underrate any of their music....best to play it safe and get Laz's opinion first, before you forge one of your own. You don't want your opinion to be wrong.....

No point in arguing with the common sense of Laz.

No spoken words said:

:up:

Shame elmel and I are both wrong about Embryonic!

Back
Top Bottom