Another List Thread (Discourse = One Paddlin')

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ground beneath her feet is really that well-liked? I always thought of it as a mediocre b-side that only people from this place knew about. I'm pretty sure I listened to it once or twice and thought that was enough, because I don't remember at all what the song sounds like.

You don't remember it because you fell asleep during the first third of it. I don't understand the love, either.

If there is one song that absolutely never gets old for me and I could listen to it any time, it's New Year's Day.

I was gonna say, I think pretty much all of us can agree that this is one U2 song that will never, ever get old. I got extremely sick of Sunday Bloody Sunday but I could hear NYD a million times and still love it. So timeless.

I was gonna say, I think pretty much all of us can agree that this is one U2 song that will never, ever get old. I got extremely sick of Sunday Bloody Sunday but I could hear NYD a million times and still love it. So timeless.

Scroll back a few pages and see where I called NYD overplayed crap I never want to hear again.

Top 5 albums that I really want to hear but haven't gotten around to because they're so damn long:

1. Tom Waits - Brawlers, Bawlers and Bastards (189 minutes)
2. The Clash - Sandinista! (144 minutes)
3. Miles Davis - Dark Magus (100 minutes)
4. Ella Fitzgerald - Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Cole Porter Song Book (118 minutes)
5. Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile (103 minutes)

There are a lot of things I haven't heard, but yes, that is one of the more well known.

Forgot one: Sci-Fi Lullabies by Suede. I love the band, but just haven't found 2 hours to sit down and listen to that compilation.

Last edited:
My favorite Elvis songs:
1. Suspicious Minds
2. Can't Help Falling in Love
3. Viva Las Vegas
4. Bossa Nova Baby

So much is 50s crap, but those are the four that I heard tonight that are always my faves.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Little Sister, Suspicious Minds, In the Ghetto, Can't Help Falling in Love would be my Rushmore, yeah.

Top 5 albums that I really want to hear but haven't gotten around to because they're so damn long:

1. Tom Waits - Brawlers, Bawlers and Bastards (189 minutes)
2. The Clash - Sandinista! (144 minutes)
3. Miles Davis - Dark Magus (100 minutes)
4. Ella Fitzgerald - Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Cole Porter Song Book (118 minutes)
5. Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile (103 minutes)

What. You still haven't listened to Sandinista???? Yeah it's so damn long, yeah there's about a third of it that you're never going to want to listen to again. But damn, man! Get on that.

Maybe an unpopular opinion (aside from liking nine inch nails in the first place not being the most popular of opinions around here), but the fragile is awesome. Totally makes my short list of double albums that I'm glad were double albums.

I have since heard Sandinista and Dark Magus.

I REALLY have to be in the right mood for NIN to get anything out of them so I keep putting off The Fragile.

Haha, I didn't realize that post was old as fuck.

Now I guess I'm glad I didn't start admonishing laz for not listening to piper.

Elvis Top Five:

1.) Can't Help Falling in Love
2.) Always on My Mind
3.) Suspicious Minds
4.) In the Ghetto
5.) Burning Love

Really, really cool. Quite an investment of time to return to regularly, but it's fucking powerful and quite heavy for jazz fusion.

Yeah that and Live Evil are probably his two heaviest releases. They are both thrilling but as you say not for frequent, repeated listens. Really nothing from that period of his is easily digestible.

Maybe an unpopular opinion (aside from liking nine inch nails in the first place not being the most popular of opinions around here), but the fragile is awesome. Totally makes my short list of double albums that I'm glad were double albums.

I really love Disc 1 but I'm pretty lukewarm to Disc 2.

Disc 1 would be my favourite NIN album though.

However, the peak of Reznor's output will always be the Still EP.

Back
Top Bottom