Animal Collective - thoughts from a n00b - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #106
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by impy13 View Post
I went to Waterloo
Was Napoleon there? On the water slides?
__________________

__________________
u2popmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:45 PM   #107
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 04:16 PM
Why are you the way that you are?



InSound says it's back in stock. Now I can take back my scratched Sgt. Pepper's I bought yesterday and put that $10 towards MPP. Happy day.
__________________

__________________
impy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:13 PM   #108
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by impy13 View Post
Why are you the way that you are?
What a bogus response.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #109
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
If you shout...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,377
Local Time: 09:16 PM
Man, the saga continues. My record(s) finally arrived in the mail, today...and the sleeve got all dinged up, in shipping! What the fuzz, you know? I don't anticipate any problems with getting a new one...unless, of course, there are no more new ones for me to get. Shit's just insane. The cover is bent to shit, in the bottom right, and the back isn't looking too pristine, either. The slip for the second disc is also scuffed up like a monkey.

God damn it.

Still the best of 2009, so far! Give it a listen, kids! I beg you!
__________________
If you shout... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:38 PM   #110
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 09:16 PM
Nothing worse than getting a "brand new" damaged album. Hopefully they replace it for you.

I agree with your "best of 2009 so far" label.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #111
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,061
Local Time: 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by If you shout... View Post
Man, the saga continues. My record(s) finally arrived in the mail, today...and the sleeve got all dinged up, in shipping! What the fuzz, you know? I don't anticipate any problems with getting a new one...unless, of course, there are no more new ones for me to get. Shit's just insane. The cover is bent to shit, in the bottom right, and the back isn't looking too pristine, either. The slip for the second disc is also scuffed up like a monkey.

God damn it.

Still the best of 2009, so far! Give it a listen, kids! I beg you!
It's amazing how long it is taking for you to get a good copy of this on vinyl. Every time I go in the local music store and see the vinyl copies, I think of this thread and your saga.
__________________
phanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #112
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
If you shout...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,377
Local Time: 09:16 PM
Just e-mailed them. Here's hoping.
__________________
If you shout... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #113
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
If you shout...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,377
Local Time: 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
I agree with your "best of 2009 so far" label.
I've gotta say, though, that The Phantom Band's awesomely titled Checkmate Savage gives it a decent run for its money, though.
__________________
If you shout... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #114
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
If you shout...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,377
Local Time: 09:16 PM
Also, "Who Could Win a Rabbit" is easily the best song this band has ever or will ever write, record, perform, etc.. Honestly, it is. I have listened to it over 70 times, now...in the last two weeks. Unreal. It's this year's "Rotation," by Chikita Violenta (one of my favorite songs of all time, at this point, and another song I didn't come to obsess over [rather than just love] until ages after it first saw release).

This shit is perfect, the emboldened part so much so that it nearly reduces me to tears (these are the exact lyrics provided via e-mail by the band...I don't think that they're all correct, but whatever):

Hungry Bears in Butter Hustle
You'll be doing it a while livers only fail
Where's your relaxation?
Where's the time required for your health
Been hating on my new perspective.
Been Hurrying along no meal is ever done
But you could win a Rabbit
you could win a rabbit or a rib
The fast Child is gonna have a dead hand
We can get him started YEAH
Bad mind let me put on good habbits
been working to put on good habbits
some times I can't find my good habbits.
Do Do Do Do Do (the most important part)
Spanish Bands Use all the echo
Persion Kitties better stay out of the train
Glad you brought your food on
Eat it like it's gonna get a way
Coffe [sic] sure is getting colder
seats are getting fewer space is losing place
Is for winning rabbits here's to berlin habbits with a ripple

Rabbit or a Habbit?
Habbit or a Rib?
__________________
If you shout... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:07 AM   #115
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,279
Local Time: 09:16 PM
God dammit. One of my good friends burned me a CD with My Girls and Summertime Clothes on it (among other stuff). I've had the CD for a couple of weeks, I'd listened to those two songs a few times, thought they weren't too offensive. I read the glowing reviews of the album in this thread, led by IYS and his wonderfully unmistakable and articulate posts.

Well, fuck me. Guess what? Sitting here, at 5 in the morning, those two songs finally click. They hit me. I love them. And now I think I want to hear the rest of the album. I couldn't be more disappointed by this turn of events. I do not want to like Animal Collective. At all. Does that sound stupid? Probably. Oh, what a tangled web we weave!
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #116
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
If you shout...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,377
Local Time: 09:16 PM
Well, I'm happy that you're enjoying some new music. Always a good feeling, in my experience. Even more good news, this time on my front: I've been permitted to send back my fucked copy of the LP for a new one, and they claim that they'll even reimburse my shipping costs. I just hope that the next one which they send out doesn't arrive in the same state of disrepair.
__________________
If you shout... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #117
Refugee
 
cdisantis83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Among Badgers
Posts: 1,033
Local Time: 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
I agree with your "best of 2009 so far" label.
It's very impressive, but I think that Antony and the Johnsons is the best that I have yet heard this year.
__________________
cdisantis83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:45 AM   #118
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
If you shout...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,377
Local Time: 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdisantis83 View Post
It's very impressive, but I think that Antony and the Johnsons is the best that I have yet heard this year.
That is a pretty good record, yeah. Not many complaints, on my end. I'd say more consistent than, but not quite as affecting as, I Am a Bird Now. Sounds a lot more like the first record, I think, than the second.
__________________
If you shout... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #119
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,907
Local Time: 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by If you shout... View Post
Also, "Who Could Win a Rabbit" is easily the best song this band has ever or will ever write, record, perform, etc.. Honestly, it is. I have listened to it over 70 times, now...in the last two weeks. Unreal. It's this year's "Rotation," by Chikita Violenta (one of my favorite songs of all time, at this point, and another song I didn't come to obsess over [rather than just love] until ages after it first saw release).

This shit is perfect, the emboldened part so much so that it nearly reduces me to tears (these are the exact lyrics provided via e-mail by the band...I don't think that they're all correct, but whatever):

Hungry Bears in Butter Hustle
You'll be doing it a while livers only fail
Where's your relaxation?
Where's the time required for your health
Been hating on my new perspective.
Been Hurrying along no meal is ever done
But you could win a Rabbit
you could win a rabbit or a rib
The fast Child is gonna have a dead hand
We can get him started YEAH
Bad mind let me put on good habbits
been working to put on good habbits
some times I can't find my good habbits.
Do Do Do Do Do (the most important part)
Spanish Bands Use all the echo
Persion Kitties better stay out of the train
Glad you brought your food on
Eat it like it's gonna get a way
Coffe [sic] sure is getting colder
seats are getting fewer space is losing place
Is for winning rabbits here's to berlin habbits with a ripple

Rabbit or a Habbit?
Habbit or a Rib?
i couldn't agree more! wonderful song!
__________________
mikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #120
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 07:16 PM
Oh crap I like this album!!

The others aren't like it at all, are they?
__________________

__________________
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
animal collective

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com