Animal Collective - thoughts from a n00b

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh good, you liked Jam. I'm very, very glad to hear you're enjoying it. Feels is also some hot shit. They're the rare band that you can get into by going completely backwards.

Quick: favorite song on SJ. Go.

You should. I actually prefer Feels to Strawberry Jam. There is just so, so much beautiful music in it. Absolutely ridiculous stuff. Plus it's got motherfucking "Banshee Beat."

We're still waiting on any sort of confirmation on this, but Animal Collective just might cap off their amazing year with another new release.
Right now, Amazon has a page for a new Animal Collective release called Fall Be Kind. There's no tracklist or cover art up, but there is a release date: December 8. And there is a record label: Domino. You can preorder this mysterious little platter for $11.38.

Yayayayayayayayayaya!

Motherfuck!

I've given Feels another shot, and what do you know? I love the hell out of it.

No, but only because I swore off T Mobile. It's a Dwyane Wade thing.

Well at least there's a new tune on it. And these guys are pretty prolific, so we'll get a new album before we know it.

So, I'm thinking about going to an Animal Collective concert in December. What drugs should I be on? And I've only heard MPP, what albums have most of the shit they play at their concerts?

Another vote for go straight. Have a couple beers to loosen up, maybe.

They play mostly MPP tunes this year, I think. If you're lucky, you might get something off Person Pitch (GFY Martha). And they'll sneak a couple from Strawberry Jam in there. Unfortunately, they didn't dig especially deep at the show I saw, with the exception of "Slippi," which was absolutely awesome.

When is it actually released? For us law-abidin' folks?

Or, more truthfully, for us can't-figure-out-how-to-find-leaks folks.

Animal Collective Fall Be Kind - Google Blog Search :)

Or, if your law-abidin' side is making the decisions this evening, the release date is December 8. Me, I'm just too lazy to search through those links at the moment, so I'll be waiting for Rhapsody to put it up. Rateyourmusic already has it rated more highly than MPP (I'm certain that hyperbolic pre-release hype is to blame for this) but I'll listen as objectively as I possibly can. AC and their side projects (Noah's contribution to Atlas Sound's new album :drool: ) are finally starting to appeal to me, and I really hope they stick with this current sound of theirs for a while longer. Or, you know, continue pairing their madness with good songs.

I feel dirty and exhilarated at the same time! I'm downloading it right now! I'll buy it in January, and I'll delete the download after listening, but WOW! It feels like I'm in that dark parking lot with that particular young man again. :shifty:

Downloaded, about to listen now. :hyper:

impy, do you know if this is getting a vinyl release? My guess is yes, but you never know.

Back
Top Bottom