Animal Collective - thoughts from a n00b

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IYS, I can't wait till you hear this. I'm only just at the beginning of "My Girls," but it's fucking loud and expansive and glorious. I hope your replacement comes very soon.

I've heard some complaints that it maybe sounds a bit too loud. Some people seem to think that it comes off as too top-heavy, and therefore sounds a bit flat. I have no opinion, as I only have the files (don't even think that I didn't use the dl code, from the fucked up package, that they sent me). They sound just about right, to my ears. Or, well, I guess they sound just about right for this kind of rave-adelic music, to my ears. Thoughts, impy?

I guess I can't really tell because I'm fucking blaring it right now. While I can see why some would want this low enough to appreciate every layer of sound, this is an album that, to me, begs to be played loud as shit. I think it sound great at this level. Quieter listens, well I guess we'll see.

With or without a physical copy, when "In The Flowers" opens up and starts throbbing, the entire world feels like it's exploding with sunshine. Fucking fantastic.

i only want to say that, 1) i have, and like, this album, and 2) i've learned more from a three-minute thread in BATC, baby, than i ever learned in FYM.

Hey, guess what I got in the mail, today!

That's right--the exact same copy of Merriweather Post Pavilion which I sent back, nearly two weeks ago! Re-shrinked, re-packaged, and, obviously, just as damaged as when last I saw it! Insound has lost my business for the rest of eternity. I am sending this fucking thing back even more damaged than when I got it, the fuckers. Holy shit, am I angry. I cannot begin to comprehend the stupidity that must've gone into this clusterfuck.

1) I pre-ordered.
2) I wait over a month to get the album, even though I'm never actually told that my order is a back-order.
3) The record arrives! ...It is damaged both inside and out.
4) I repackage it and send it back; I have to cover the shipping cost, naturally. This is in spite of the fact that their store policy specifically states that they, not the consumer, will be responsible for return/refund/exchange shipping, in the event of a damaged item. If nothing else, customer service seemed very nice and helpful...if only they'd not been lying.
5) I am never notified that my record has been received; never. In fact, I am never even notified when my "replacement" ships. I was sitting down to write an e-mail, asking what the hell was going on, when I heard the UPS dude, out front.
6) Again: the exact same record arrives back on my doorstep, nearly two weeks later.
7) Letter bombing campaign begins, in earnest.

That's completely fucked. You PayPal me the money and I'll send one to you. There were something like 20 copies at Waterloo just Saturday night. Or you could just order directly from them.

That completely blows, Shouter. I'm frustrated for you, man. Sorry to hear they dropped the ball yet again.

Is this an issue of the album being unavailable in stores? Here in Madison at least I see it featured rather prominently in all the local music shops.

Is this an issue of the album being unavailable in stores? Here in Madison at least I see it featured rather prominently in all the local music shops.

The vinyl release was a very limited first pressing (that actually sold out).

Finally. The vinyl is mine. It only took a bit more than three months, but it is mine. Huzzah.

Or something. Really, at this point, I'm more exhausted/relieved than I am pleased. What a fucking mess...

At least it's over with, Shouter.

I've been listening to this quite a bit this week, been in the mood for it.

Thought I would share that I have just listened to Sung Tongs, which may be the most eccentric album that I have ever heard. I definitely need a few more listens before I can comment on it in anything resembling a coherent manner.

Today's itinerary:

1. AC DJ set at Waterloo at 5
2. Getting my MPP LP signed sometime around then
3. Going out for sushi
4. AC at Stubb's

I like it.

I'm still in shock at how good the show was. A top ten ever for me.

I did indeed get the LP signed too.

Back
Top Bottom