Animal Collective - thoughts from a n00b

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a shame the MPP first pressing sold out so quickly. I'll definitely be grabbing the next one.

And they announced a lengthy tour today. Seeing them June 5.

Listen to My Girls on their Myspace, Martha.

I just bought the album, have yet to listen.

It's a shame the MPP first pressing sold out so quickly. I'll definitely be grabbing the next one.

It is a shame, yeah. I have still yet to receive my LP, so I guess that means that I ordered mine too late in the game to get one from the first batch. Kinda sucks, but I'll live; I just wish that somebody would let me know that that's what's going on, is all...

Only if you want to ruin it for me.

I'm assuming that's all the incentive you need.

I'm not sure whether it's awesome that this is the only AC album any of us care about, or just hilariously funny. Maybe this is exactly what Panda Bear and co. were shooting for.

And if you don't believe in fantasy
Then don't believe in fantasy
Do you not believe in fantasy because it gets you down?
If you don't believe it's raining
I won't tell you that it's raining
Do you not believe it's raining just because it gets you down?
And if you don't believe in happiness
Then don't believe in happiness
Don't believe in happiness, but then you might be down
If you don't believe you're crying
Then don't believe you're crying
Do you not believe you're crying just because it gets you down?

I'm on my first listen through the album, and this song essentially is tea bagging me right now. That's how much ownage it's delivering.

The one-two punch of "Summertime Clothes" and "Daily Routine" is too much for me.

DOUBLE SPLATTER.

The one-two punch of "Summertime Clothes" and "Daily Routine" is too much for me.

DOUBLE SPLATTER.

I am experiencing that right now with the Routine.

YOWZA McTROWZA, I didn't think I'd like this album nearly this much.

Martha & NSW, I think it's safe to say yous guys may or may not enjoy this. I think it's safe to say that.

I am experiencing that right now with the Routine.

YOWZA McTROWZA, I didn't think I'd like this album nearly this much.

Martha & NSW, I think it's safe to say yous guys may or may not enjoy this. I think it's safe to say that.

Same here.

This is also true.

MPP is definitely imaginative. I will say that. :hmm:

It's hard to get into the music when the vocals are so buried under all the sound but the sound certainly blows my mind :up:

The vocals aren't buried, though, are they? They are in certain songs, yeah, but singalongs don't really qualify, for that description. I'm thinking of jams like "My Girls" and "Summertime Clothes," not to mention "Brother Sport." Just because they still sing like maniacs and obscure the lyrics doesn't mean that they're down in the mix.. Not really a big deal, of course, I'm just saying. I think that I was so perplexed by the statement because this record has inspired me to go back and try (and fail, I might add) to "get" the band's back catalogue. Trust me when I say that the vocals are hella-up front, on this one.

I'm on my first listen through the album, and this song essentially is tea bagging me right now. That's how much ownage it's delivering.

:lol:

It's another of my favorites on the album. And, speaking of the album, I'm listening to it at work right now. :drool:

Was it impy that mentioned their tour announcement? :hi5: I'll be seeing them May 20th.

After a few listens, wouldn't you know it, I like Strawberry Jam now. Funny how this whole thing worked out.

And pfan, there's still some meat on that bone.

I was shocked to learn that another guy at my school got this album and loved it. I honestly had never heard of Animal Collective until a couple of weeks ago.

I was shocked to learn that another guy at my school got this album and loved it. I honestly had never heard of Animal Collective until a couple of weeks ago.

Hey, better late than never, right? Especially with a record as ballin' as this one.

Back
Top Bottom