Animal Collective - Centipede Hz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm excited. It took me a long time to warm up to MPP but it's a pretty great record. My Girls is still as thrilling as it was when I first heard it... probably some time late in 2010.

Assuming the words in that video were the song titles.

Neither made the tracklist for the album, but both are awesome.

Probably.

But I dearly hope not. I liked what they were doing there for a bit. That whole songwriting thing was interesting.

Glad Honeycomb/Gotham weren't included. Felt both were just covering ground this band has already gone over. Saw them live last year, and if the new album has a lot of those songs, I'll be one happy camper.

I think Geologist said they've played most (if not all) of it live already, like they usually do, so you probably heard more than a few.

Well, if that's the case, then it's an even more obvious Album of the Year contender. :up:

Peaceboner:

09-18 Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre
09-19 Vancouver, British Columbia - Malkin Bowl
09-20 Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom
09-21 Oakland, CA - Fox Theatre
09-23 Hollywood, CA - Hollywood Bowl
09-25 Las Vegas, NV - House of Blues
09-27 Dallas, TX - House Of Blues
09-28 Austin, TX - The Backyard at Bee Cave
09-29 New Orleans, LA - House of Blues
09-30 Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle
10-02 Columbia, MD - Merriweather Post Pavilion
10-03 Philadelphia, PA - Mann Centre for Performing Arts
10-05 Brooklyn, NY - Williamsburg Park

$43 and at the worst place on Earth? I'll hate myself for this, but I think I'm going to skip it.

fd610a74.jpg

Opinions were heavily stacked in the negative when I posted it in Random earlier today... not a fan myself. But perhaps it'll grow on me.

No idea why this thread didn't show up when I searched for it earlier today.

Ha, I'm not sure what's particularly egregious about my two or three posts a day, but by all means keep going out of your way to talk shit, little fella. If I truly am the cancer that is killing Interference, I guess time will tell.

Its no 'My Girls', but after a couple listens I like the new single. The le le le doesn't bother me. :shrug:

Imperor said:
Ha, I'm not sure what's particularly egregious about my two or three posts a day, but by all means keep going out of your way to talk shit, little fella. If I truly am the cancer that is killing Interference, I guess time will tell.

My "single is shit" post was by no means a slight on you, or the opinion you hold, it just mirrored the style to emphasize the contrast in opinion. A lot of people dig the song, so it's not like you could have been the only person on earth I was referring to. I did not go out of my way to start anything. But, unsurprisingly, you did.

Nonetheless, no reason to prop yourself up; if anything is killing Interference, it's not happening in B&C.

Danny Boy said:
I don't think I hate it. I've only listened to it once, though.

I'll probably stick with these two listens until the album comes out. Perhaps it will work better in context. It's a safe bet that this record will be a bit more eccentric, considering MPP was an anomaly. They probably didn't have much else to use, so comparing it to My Girls isn't really fair.

I don't enjoy it though, at all.

Not that my opinion remotely matters, but it seemed like you were trying to start shit to me. For some reason I get that from your posting style a lot though, whether it's intentional or not. I usually just assume I'm interpreting it wrong and move on.

Anyways, this band definitely seems to push people on either side of the fence with their releases. People either seem to absolutely adore or absolutely detest their back catalog (MPP excluded).

My apologies then; it wasn't my intention.

I try to avoid that shit these days. Watching Tourist and LuckyNumber7 argue "baseball" is enough to make anyone an interweb pacifist.

Back
Top Bottom