Angel's and Airwaves 'I-Empire'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partygirl43

Refugee
So I've read a few reviews of A&A's I-Empire and most seem to mention U2-esque sound, and Tom Delonge has also mentioned in interviews how much he admires U2....

so I'm wondering does anyone have this....will it rock my U2 world?

PartyGirl 43

:no: :no: :no:

The first Angels & Airwaves "album" was one big 55 minute-long U2/Cure wannabe song. :yawn:

I was expecting something better from all that Tom had talked about in interviews, but damn . . . . EVERY song sounded the same. Trying waaaaaaaaay too hard. Yes, U2 has some big, bombastic, anthemic songs . . . . but they've never put out an album with 12 of those kinds of songs back-to-back-to-back-to-back . . . . not even the "Best Of"s.

I will not be buying I-Empire. :no:

elevation2u said:
can Mellencamp be sued for his atrocious music plaguing television ?

:sad:

Actually I will admit I'm sick to death of "Our Country", but in his defense the album that's on is without a doubt his best yet, and "Our Country" is the weakest track. :shrug:

But yeah, Angels and Airwaves, if they had a different singer and didn't blatantly rip off U2 I would probably like them more.

This band is puke-worthy...

You can't just get out of Blink-182, suddenly decide you have credibility and adopt a pompous, overdone sound. They sound like a band that has no idea how to use their sound, and consequently it really has no soul.

Needle_Chill said:

You can't just get out of Blink-182, suddenly decide you have credibility

Well---I'll give them an A for effort....after all you can't sing about farting forever. We all grow up. But I agree with a previous poster...I wish is voice was different...he still has too much of that snotty, affected punk thing to it.

There's nothing wrong with Blink 182 either, just because they had commercial success, doesn't make them bad.....

They were the best of what was admittedly a pretty sub-standard wave of punk. Blink 182 were the saving grace, if you don't believe me, go and get yourself enchanted by Enema Of The State.

I know this thread is hella old but I heard a song on the radio that I kind of liked, and I thought for sure it was blink 182 and it was angels and airwaves. Never even heard of this band before I shazam'd it with my iphone. The adventure, I think the song was called.

I know this thread is hella old but I heard a song on the radio that I kind of liked, and I thought for sure it was blink 182 and it was angels and airwaves. Never even heard of this band before I shazam'd it with my iphone. The adventure, I think the song was called.

Wicked song that.

Top band with a top sound.

eh...i would have said the same thing had i been around for the old one. i've got both i-empire and we don't need to whisper. i like "valkryie missle" and "everything's magic", but apparently i've only heard one song from each album. :shrug:

I just don't get Angels & Airwaves or Tom Delonge, for that matter.

I really liked The Adventure. It had such a COBL-like feel to it. But that's where it stops for me.

Everyone likes to hate on them. I applaud Tom Delonge for changing musical direction. It's always good to incorporate such F/X like delay, chorus, reverb, and modulation into your sound. I wish more getting-to-be-repetative mainstream bands would experiment like this.

As far as employing a "U2-ish" sound goes, people don't give Coldplay or The Fray much of a hard time as they do with AVA. Why is that?:reject:

I just don't get Angels & Airwaves or Tom Delonge, for that matter.

I really liked The Adventure. It had such a COBL-like feel to it. But that's where it stops for me.

Everyone likes to hate on them. I applaud Tom Delonge for changing musical direction. It's always good to incorporate such F/X like delay, chorus, reverb, and modulation into your sound. I wish more getting-to-be-repetative mainstream bands would experiment like this.

As far as employing a "U2-ish" sound goes, people don't give Coldplay or The Fray much of a hard time as they do with AVA. Why is that?:reject:

Eh, Coldplay cop more shite than anyone.....

You can't just get out of Blink-182, suddenly decide you have credibility and adopt a pompous, overdone sound. They sound like a band that has no idea how to use their sound, and consequently it really has no soul.

blink 182 actually did some good stuff.

in fact, i'd say their self titled (and last album recorded together) was far more interesting than any coldplay or killers offerings.

Ohhh so it is someone from Blink 182 in this band? I knew I wasnt far off.

Back
Top Bottom