Andrew Bird seeming to be about as good as it gets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got an email this morning saying the show here was almost sold out so I bought a ticket. I better like it. :grumpy:

Somewhat official: YouTube - Andrew Bird - "Anonanimal" - Live at The Guthrie Theater

deadbanana.gif

Okay, I've watched both of these videos and I love him. :love:

I'm so glad I got a ticket. I'm buying CDs tomorrow.

Seeing as how he wears a suit & tie and all, I may have to wear something pretty.

Just got my Noble Beast CD in the mail today. The instrumentals are amazing. Hot Math is indeed amazing. Nyatiti is great too. My first impressions with the album couldn't be better.

Screw Armchair, Mysterious Production of Eggs is where it's at, and the entire reason this thread exists. SkeeK knew his shiznit.

I see the bird man tonight. This morning I was dancing around the house to Fitz & the Dizzyspell. That song makes me happy.

You forgot Friday the 13th.

It's really a good thing I don't have mad cow disease PMS.

Wow, that was an excellent show! I got my spot so there was no need for knife crime although the people in the audience who thought it was cool to try to whistle like Andrew Bird were really pushing it. The New Rule is: Only Andrew Bird is allowed to whistle in my presence. He said the high desert altitude (Abq is at 5,000 ft) was making it hard to whistle (because the air is so dry) and I somehow felt responsible.

Anyway, after almost getting hit by someone who ran a red light (seriously, I slammed on the brakes and avoided what could have been a fatal collision by inches - good thing no one was behind me), and then practically getting frostbite waiting to get in because they were more than an hour late opening the doors, all was forgiven when Bird explained the problems they'd had during sound check - there was some kind of fire, blew up their amps, and destroyed the motor on the rotating gramophone so he had to keep running over to spin it manually which was entertaining.

I loved the show, I loved every song. They played my favorite song from Noble Beast - Not a Robot but a Ghost - which was fantastic.

Opening the show were the excellent Loney, Dear, who charmed us with sing-alongs that were a little too complicated for most of the audience. I liked them so much I intended to buy a CD but bought an Andrew Bird t-shirt instead, and then I had to slink by the lonely Loney, Dear table shamefully and scoot out the door. Now I'm going to put on my new t-shirt and go to Pilates class and wait for everyone to notice. :D

I don't think so but I'm still learning all the songs. There were definitely no snacks, and I could have used a snack having had no dinner and almost getting killed and surviving frostbite and all. Live music is dangerous business.

However, I actually had to do the unthinkable and cut out during what I hope was the last song, but maybe I missed something really good. Because everything got going so late, I had to get back home (an hour away) to let the dog out. :sad: He was covering a Handsome Family song when I left (they live here now and were probably in the audience although I didn't see them). For the record, I NEVER LEAVE EARLY so this was difficult. :angry:

Doh! He actually ended the show with Tables and Chairs when I saw him this summer, so maybe you did miss it.

Regardless, sounds like it was a great one! I'm not surprised, as he seems to always deliver live. I still have a bit over a week until he's here.

Yeah, come to think of it, he wouldn't have ended the show with a cover, now would he?

Back
Top Bottom