Andrew Bird seeming to be about as good as it gets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My show next month in Philadelphia got canceled :sad:

I have no doubt it's because of poor ticket sales. How many people passed up tickets because they didn't want to pay a $15 fee on a $32 ticket. Stupid Live Nation :madspit:

Sorry to hear that, BonoIsMyMuse.... I hope they reschedule it soon.

I'm seeing him here tomorrow, but I don't think ticket sales were great. He is playing in a relatively small club and it is not sold out. Looking forward to hearing the new songs, though.

That totally sucks, BiMM. I can't remember, were you planning to see him anywhere else this summer?

Hopefully it's a good one tomorrow, gump. Let us know how it goes.

Just returned from the concert and Andrew Bird was great, as usual. The new album translates very well live, maybe even better than Armchairs (which I prefer as an album), he manages to do the layers of instrumentation well with the loops. I'm mildly disappointed I didn't get to hear Fake Palindromes today, but he played A Nervous Tic Motion and Scythian Empires, so that's fine. He also played The Giant of Illinois from the Dark Was The Night compilation, beautiful song.

He came down after the show to the stand to sign CDs and I managed to get an autographed vinyl of The Mysterious Production of Eggs :drool: He was incredibly nice to everybody around, that was a big plus!

Glad to hear it was a good show, gump. I saw him solo here last fall and was amazed how much he was able to loop an layer just on his own. Noble Beast has definitely grown on me in the last few months, and I was especially looking forward to hearing songs llike Not A Robot But a Ghost and Anonanimal live. Unfortunately, I've already gotten a refund for my ticket, so apparently my show isn't going to be rescheduled. I'm a little bugged that there was no official announcement as to what happened.

Andrew is a really nice guy, very egoless. I met him last summer and go to talk with him a bit, and he was so sweet.

His last three albums have become some of my favourite album. How is his earlier stuff and the work he did with Andrew Bird's bowl of fire?

To get you excited, Bird is one of the performers on this falls Austin City Limits slate. I was at the taping in March and it was really great. :up:

They let you in Texas without a huge belt buckle or hat?

I look forward to watching that show.

why can't i get into him? i just can't. either it's not gonna happen, or i just haven't listened to the right songs.

So you took this picture then, Mikal?

birdssuck.jpg

:lol:

really though, where should i start? most of my friends who have a similar musical preference love him, so i must be missing something!

Andrew Bird... he's so awesome! I have all of his albums and all of his unreleased stuff (which is suprisingly good).

I agree about Anonanimal. That song is frickin schweet. My favorite song of the year after some stuff from NLOTH.

I just can't stop listening to Bird. His music is amazing. I want to see him live so badly. Hopefully he plays a show in Chicago in the near future.

I finally got around to listening to Andrew Bird, and now I'm regretting not doing it sooner. I've heard Mysterious Production of Eggs and Noble Beast so far. I pretty much loved the entirety of Mysterious Production. One standout song on Noble Beast was definitely "Anonanimal." So good. Armchair is up next. Are any of his earlier albums worth picking up?

I'll be seeing one of Andrew Bird's church shows here in Minneapolis tonight. Hopefully, some good pictures will come about from it. I guess he's using his phonograph horns as the only amplification, and after seeing a few pictures from last night's performance, I can tell I'm in for an amazingly gorgeous experience. :up:

header.jpg

Andrew Bird will release his new album Break It Yourself on March 6 through Mom + Pop. Bird's now revealed details of the album, which was recorded at his barn in Western Illinois. Art is above; tracklist is below.

Bird will also head out on a North American tour in March. Fans who purchase tickets will get a code allowing them to download the new album, Bird's 2011 live EP Fake Conversations, and a "souvenir" live EP tied to the upcoming tour. Show dates are below, followed by the trailer for the album.

Break It Yourself:

01 Desperation Breeds…
02 Polynation
03 Danse Caribe
04 Give It Away
05 Eyeoneye
06 Lazy Projector
07 Near Death Experience Experience
08 Behind the Barn
09 Lusitania
10 Orpheo Looks Back
11 Sifters
12 Fatal Shore
13 Hole in the Ocean Floor
14 Belles

Andrew Bird:

01-12 Honolulu, HI - Hawaii Theatre
03-05 London, England - Barbican Cantre
03-06 Paris, France - La Cigale
03-08 Brussels, Belgium - Cirque Royal
03-09 Amsterdam, Netherlands - Paradiso
03-15 Dallas, TX - Majestic Theatre #
03-16 New Orleans, LA - The Howlin' Wolf #
03-17 Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle #
03-19 Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium #
03-20 Columbus, OH - Southern Theatre #
03-22 St. Louis, MO - The Pageant #
03-23 Kansas City, MO - The Uptown Theater #
03-24 Milwaukee, WI - Riverside Theater #
04-09 Seattle, WA - Paramount Theatre $
04-10 Vancouver, British Columbia - The Vogue $
04-11 Portland, OR - Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall $
04-13 Oakland, CA - Fox Theater $
04-18 Mesa, AZ - Ikeda Theater at Mesa Arts Center $
04-19 Santa Fe, NM - Lensic Performing Arts Center $
04-20 Tucson, AZ - Rialto Theater $
05-03 Philadelphia, PA - Union Transfer %
05-04 New York, NY - Beacon Theatre %
05-05 New York, NY -Beacon Theatre &
05-06 Boston, MA - House of Blues %
05-08 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club %
05-09 Baltimore, MD - Ram's Head Live %
05-10 Detroit, MI - The Fillmore Detroit @
05-12 Chicago, IL - Auditorium Theatre @
06-02 London, England - Field Day
06-09 Nottinghamshire, England - No Direction Home Festival

Andrew Bird Shares New Album Details | News | Pitchfork

That "buy a ticket, get download of the album, EP, and an upcoming EP" deal sounds awesome. Too bad he hasn't announced a show here yet.

That "buy a ticket, get download of the album, EP, and an upcoming EP" deal sounds awesome. Too bad he hasn't announced a show here yet.

I believe I purchased tickets last week to the show in my town and received no such code. I didn't buy them through his website, though.

:angry:

Actually I just read the FAQ on his site and it doesn't matter where you buy your tickets, you get the downloads. Apparently the box office where I ordered my ticket is to provide some info with the tickets, which I haven't picked up yet. So, yay and thanks, Andrew Bird. :up:

Wow, remember the days when a dozen different people would post in the first couple pages of a thread? Do we even have a dozen people anymore? Damn.

Andrew Bird is OK. I hope this new album is more instrumentally interesting and cool like Mysterious Production of Eggs and not boring like Noble Beast.

Andrew Bird is OK. I hope this new album is more instrumentally interesting and cool like Mysterious Production of Eggs and not boring like Noble Beast.

Yep. I hope he'll put out something as interesting as Tables and Chairs, Fake Palindromes or A Nervous Tic... He's been hit or miss with me lately. Armchair Apocrypha was good, but Noble Beast was uninteresting at best.

I have to say I grew more fond of him after watching the Andrew Bird Fever Year documentary, which helped me understand him and his songwriting approach better.

Back
Top Bottom