And in more RIAA Too Little, Too Late: Global Release Date!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, each region of the world has a different release date, but because Internet, things go up online all throughout the week. In the US, for example, all albums come out on Tuesday, with exceptions of course. This is one of the reasons why so many albums leak in the United States, since we have the last release date day. Things come out in Japan and Aus as well, yeah? on Fridays.

Here's a random example: Demon Days was Released 11 May 2005 in Japan, and 23 May 2005 in the UK. There was a whole 12 days that album was circling around on the Internet before it even went on sale in the UK. It's almost like the record industry was encouraging downloading in a round-about way.

I don't see how this fixes piracy, though. I mean, when it's Friday in Australia it's still like Wednesday afternoon here.

Hey, you know what really pisses me off? Target bonus tracks. Looking at you, Florence.

It helps at least. Within one day is better than two weeks.

I don't see how this fixes piracy, though. I mean, when it's Friday in Australia it's still like Wednesday afternoon here.

Hey, you know what really pisses me off? Target bonus tracks. Looking at you, Florence.

It doesn't FIX it - nothing will - and there is nowhere in the world that is more than 24 hours ahead of anywhere else. It is 7pm Thursday in New York when shops open on release day in Australia. The thought being if it took 3 hours to get a torrent up, half of New York will be asleep and by the time they wake up it is release day there. Better than the current model where Australia releases almost a week before the U.S.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom