An SP Thread... I mean, Smashing Pumpkins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with LeMac. Mellon Collie was probably their most popular, but it's so freaking big as a double album that it's kinda overwhelming (and unnecessary...)

Even the "Greatest Hits" wouldn't be a bad place to check them out, honestly. It's a good best of.

Dang, I forgot about their cover of Landslide as well.

I agree with LeMac. Mellon Collie was probably their most popular, but it's so freaking big as a double album that it's kinda overwhelming (and unnecessary...)

Even the "Greatest Hits" wouldn't be a bad place to check them out, honestly. It's a good best of.

Dang, I forgot about their cover of Landslide as well.

Have you tried to make single-disc cuts of Mellon Collie or the two Machina albums? I've tried the latter, and it turned out alright... the second album's kind of a wash save for a few tracks.

U2popscumbo, when did you live in Japan, for how long, and where? I've actually been there twice, but did not live there......REPLY PLEASE.

Two years, '97 - '99. Moved around a bit Saitama for a while (Kawagoe), Nagano for half a year (I was transferred right before the freaking Olympics), Tokyo for half a year, Saitama again for half a year (Ageo), and Ibaraki (Hitachi - yes, everyone there really does work for the company) for a few months.

I've been back twice since then, but only for 4 or 5 days each time. Sadly, I haven't visited the south or north at all. Was going to go on a vacation there this fall and actually do some real touring around, but it fell through. Hopefully next year. I plan on punching If You Shout right in the mouth when I go.

NSW, the Crazy Train stopped 'round tonight in my neighborhood.

Back on topic, I really dig Cherub Rock, does that indicate anything?

Two years, '97 - '99. Moved around a bit Saitama for a while (Kawagoe), Nagano for half a year (I was transferred right before the freaking Olympics), Tokyo for half a year, Saitama again for half a year (Ageo), and Ibaraki (Hitachi - yes, everyone there really does work for the company) for a few months.

I've been back twice since then, but only for 4 or 5 days each time. Sadly, I haven't visited the south or north at all. Was going to go on a vacation there this fall and actually do some real touring around, but it fell through. Hopefully next year. I plan on punching If You Shout right in the mouth when I go.

You should kick IYS in his sternum.

I was in Tokyo twice....but was up in Saitama for a Pride event. Also was out at Hakone/Fuji......I loved both trips, amazing amazing place.

Thanks for replying.

That's actually where I first knew him from. I watched Law & Order a lot when I was 12.

I used to watch it a lot, too... not as much anymore though. Jeff Goldblum's gonna be on Criminal Intent though. That'd be great, since he's a knight in Portugal.

Is the overactor still on Criminal Intent? I honestly haven't paid attention to any of them for about two years. Actually, since Lennie Briscoe got written off the original.

Is the overactor still on Criminal Intent? I honestly haven't paid attention to any of them for about two years. Actually, since Lennie Briscoe got written off the original.

D'onofrio? Yeah.

They kind of had to, since Jerry Orbach died in real life.

I thought they wrote him off and moved him on to a short-lived spin off, which in turn got canceled when he died?

Either way, not much they could have done.

Another Juno tidbit, I owned and used that freaking phone from elementary school until high school when I moved on to a big boy phone. I think that means I would have been cool had I been a pregnant teenager in high school. Something like that.

I thought they wrote him off and moved him on to a short-lived spin off, which in turn got canceled when he died?

Either way, not much they could have done.

Did they? I thought he was just going to be featured on a few episodes of that new spin-off, but not be a full-on regular.

Another Juno tidbit, I owned and used that freaking phone from elementary school until high school when I moved on to a big boy phone. I think that means I would have been cool had I been a pregnant teenager in high school. Something like that.

You would've had to have been a part-time lover and full time friend for it to truly work.

I still think 'Who's Got the Crack?' is a better Moldy Peaches song, they should have just sang that at the end. Way more sweet and touching.

Law & Order is another reason why I couldn't take Fred Dalton Thompson seriously running for president. Each time he spoke, I was half expecting him to turn to Sam Waterston and start admonishing him for being too reckless in prosecuting someone.

Back
Top Bottom