An SP Thread... I mean, Smashing Pumpkins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Siamese Dream :drool::drool::drool:
Mellon Collie :drool::drool:

I should get Gish one of these days. Zeitgeist was okay in parts but there was none of the beautiful soundscapes of Hummer or Mayonaise.

Tonight Tonight has massive nostalgia value for me.....remember bein' a kid and that song was always on the breakfast show before I went to school....

Top band....SilverFuck:drool: (best song title ever)

I remember when Smashing Pumpkins did Storytellers they did some cool acoustic versions of Machina songs, I of the Mourning is one I remember specifically. I'm surprised Youtube didn't have any vids of it. :down:

pfft....:mad: and oh, this wasn't a reference to my thread was it..:tsk:

Yeah, but it's all in good fun.

I remember when Smashing Pumpkins did Storytellers they did some cool acoustic versions of Machina songs, I of the Mourning is one I remember specifically. I'm surprised Youtube didn't have any vids of it. :down:

I of the Mourning is a great track. The stripped down Stand Inside Your Love was good, but it can't compare to the full band version. Damn.

By the way, I like seeing people actually talk about Machina and Adore. Back in the day, all you'd see were mentions of Siamese and Mellon Collie.

I appreciate the thread title too. :wink:

Mellon Collie is the album that got me into the Pumpkins. Oddly enough, I've never cared much for Siamese Dream, I'm not even sure I own a copy. Machina is probably my favourite at the moment. Odd that Zeitgeist gets such a bad rep over here. I always thought it was pretty solid. :hmm:

U2Fanatic, LeMac and I really aren't jerks. Promise.

NSW on the other hand.....

You know that you make me sad, right?

Infinite Sadness? :wink:

I kid, you're top of the pops too, broseph.

I was going through my very limited Smashing Pumpkins rarites and had completely forgotten about them covering 'Stay'.

I also quite like the 'Tonite Reprise'.

I have an acoustic Zwan concert (Djali Zwan?) as well that had some "new songs" they were working on at the time in it. :(

Infinite Sadness? :wink:

I kid, you're top of the pops too, broseph.

I was going through my very limited Smashing Pumpkins rarites and had completely forgotten about them covering 'Stay'.

I also quite like the 'Tonite Reprise'.

I have an acoustic Zwan concert (Djali Zwan?) as well that had some "new songs" they were working on at the time in it. :(

I don't have any SP rarities. I just has a sad, that's all.

I don't have any SP rarities. I just has a sad, that's all.

They do a good cover of The Cars' "You're All That I've Got Tonight" and a sweet one of "My Blue Heaven."

"Stay" is absolutely awesome though. Great call on that, Gov. Popmof Tarkin.

The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion. I'm your lover, I'm your zero.

The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion. I'm your lover, I'm your zero.

THEN NAME THE SYSTEM!

It's you that I adore... you'll always be my whore.

If someone like me was thinking about looking into the Smashing Pumpkins ... what albums would be good to give a spin?

If someone like me was thinking about looking into the Smashing Pumpkins ... what albums would be good to give a spin?

Siamese Dream is regarded as their best and one of the better rock albums of the '90s, so that'd be nice.

Machina's pretty good, too. A lot of us here will testify to that.

Those would be your best bets for now.

I just realized that I don't freakin' own Adore on CD. I had it on minidisc (yay for living in Japan and buying technologies that don't catch on in the US!) because a friend lent it to me. I need to buy that sucka immediately. I want to hear Apples + Oranges.

Back
Top Bottom