Amy Winehouse DEAD!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, his live albums are nearly as beloved and ubiquitous as his studio work. Sure, Electric Ladyland is a fascinating listen, but his guitar work was so scintillating and forward-thinking for the period that it was never really necessary to bury it in effects. Hell, Edge relies far more heavily on technology to create his signature sound, and that's just fine for everyone here. Not sure why that aspect of Hendrix's work would be held against him.

Yeah, his live albums are nearly as beloved and ubiquitous as his studio work. Sure, Electric Ladyland is a fascinating listen, but his guitar work was so scintillating and forward-thinking for the period that it was never really necessary to bury it in effects. Hell, Edge relies far more heavily on technology to create his signature sound, and that's just fine for everyone here. Not sure why that aspect of Hendrix's work would be held against him.

Also, I don't know who else would be compared to Hendrix, but Page used a LOT of overdubs to create the guitar sounds on the Zeppelin albums.

Not exactly pure playing there, either.

What the fuck are we talking here. Hendrix relied on studio wizardry hehehe I've heard it all now. His live versions were ALL superior to the studio versions except maybe Voodoo Child (slight return) from Electric Ladyland. The studio version of that song is phonemenal. But Red House (check San Diego 1968 its on youtube) is just mind blowing blues from another planet. Anyone who says Hendrix was overated really is talking out of there arse!

JT, you're out of your element.

Out of my element? And what might that be? The guy is worshiped because he died so early in his career. Had he lived longer, the mystique would be gone and stoners around the world would have to find another deity. Not saying he was untalented, just not to the heights that people elevate him to. And if he didn't have the persona to go with it, he wouldn't attract the crowd that he does

What the fuck are we talking here. Hendrix relied on studio wizardry hehehe I've heard it all now. His live versions were ALL superior to the studio versions except maybe Voodoo Child (slight return) from Electric Ladyland. The studio version of that song is phonemenal. But Red House (check San Diego 1968 its on youtube) is just mind blowing blues from another planet. Anyone who says Hendrix was overated really is talking out of there arse!

You're clearly an unobjective fanboy. Kinda hard to put any weight on anything you say, to be honest

In fairness to Page, what he did on stage with one guitar (albeit sometimes with two necks) was astonishing. Just listen to How the West Was Won. He could use the guitar as both a piece of studio wizardry and as a solo instrument of raw power.

Out of my element? And what might that be?

Being Canadian and posting hilarious gifs. Your element may widen in the future, but not if statements like these continue.

Had he lived longer

if he didn't have the persona

You know what I know for certain? He recorded three albums, and they all kicked ass. Future ones likely would have kicked ass too based on the tracks he left unreleased.

awfully sad news. definately.

I was a fan of her, not huge, but I certainly thought she looked cool and unique with her bee-hive image and her voice sounded great with jazz/soul/ska type music.

I was a bit stunned at hearing about her death, because while it seemed most likely she would die from all the drugs/drink, you would never think so soon, as people have mentioned, many do the same with drink and drugs but live way long a life, know what I mean? she was too young to die, too much talent that she sadly threw away.

very very very sad.:sad:

What a stupid stupid idiotic waste!!!!

I blame everyone around her.....

If she had any kind of family or real friends, they would have seen her horrible performance in Serbia, dragged her from the stage, handcuffed her, forced her into a car and locked her away in a forced rehab center until she got clean. I'm sick of celebrties with more money than god who have every advantage money can buy and then stick their money either up their nose or in their arms.....27 is way too young to die but anyone with a brain could have seen this coming a mile away. In any case, RIP Amy - have a good time up there with your hophead role models and save a place for Lindsay...who's probably next.

I'm fed up and angry!!

and they could have filmed it for one of those 'intervention' reality tv shows...

:rolleyes:

you know that in actual reality, that does not work, right?

Everyone around her could not have saved her no matter what they did. You can't ever save an addict if they don't want to save themselves. Especially if you try to force them or lock them away-does not work, never will. That just makes them more determined not to.

Being Canadian and posting hilarious gifs. Your element may widen in the future, but not if statements like these continue.

You know what I know for certain? He recorded three albums, and they all kicked ass. Future ones likely would have kicked ass too based on the tracks he left unreleased.

Whatever, Lemel! He was a hot mess and you know it!

She used to be so pretty pre-drugs

amywinehouse-beforedrugs.jpg

winehouse_468x524.jpg

amy-winehouse-before.jpg

Depends...which are the before and after pics????? Also I reckon the tattoos never do much for girls in my opinion. In fact tattoos on women are gross!

Women shouldn't be able to show their faces or arms and legs in public, eiher. Some of those Arab countries know what's up!

Back
Top Bottom