Amy Winehouse DEAD!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow.

I wasn't a fan, but damn that's sad.

:(

Wow...can't say I'm surprised but still...a lot of shocking news these past days. First the bombing and shooting in Norway (which as of now has claimed 92 people's lives) and now this. Everything's just completely messed up. :crack:

Holy Shit. Not all that surprising but its still always a bit of a shock to hear. I was really hoping she'd pull it together and release a followup to Back to Black

When this happens I always feel like we feed this shit with our cult of celebrity and glamourization of the lifestyle.

I wasn't a huge fan, but she was talented and goddamnit 27 is way too young to die.

RIP

Its sad. She was talented but in the end, her addictions won over.

R.I.P.

:(

Bummer. She was an enormous talent. Back to Black is such a killer album.

Very sad - I only liked one song of hers (Rehab) :reject: but what a great talent she was. Sad to see the drug and alcohol addictions win over her. R.I.P. Amy Winehouse :(

Hendrix, Joplin, Brian Jones, Morrison, Cobain... all dead at 27.

that stat is not that spooky if one considers all the factors involved

more surprising is that Keith Richards, Lou Reed and Iggy Pop made into their senior years, and they are not even on life support.

She was a big talent. But yeah, the writing was on the wall if you consider all the problems she'd have. Terrible shame. But in terms of her legacy, she's immortal now. That wouldn't have been the case if she had gone from rehab clinic to rehab clinic to rehab clinic through her thirties while her music declined (which seemed pretty much inevitable).

It's sad to see such a great talent go to waste, but in truth it had to be expected, considering her troubled lifestyle. She was very sick, drugs basically destroying her physically. It's tragic, she was so young, but self-destruction and addiction were stronger than her talent.

I don't think it's very glorious to die before you reach 30, even if some people try to keep this stupid rock'n'roll myth alive.

But really, she jammed more living into those 27 years than many of us will ever do. SO WTF?

I guess if you count stumbling around in a heroin induced stupor as 'jamming in the living' then you would be right.

she was incredibly talented, but, sadly, incredibly messed up

You should check out the album Back to Black. If I was making best of the year lists back then, it would be right up there. It's fantastic. She was definitely more talented than all these other trollops running around

neil_mccormick Neil McCormick

Deeply disturbed to hear of death of Amy Winehouse. Saw her in the studio this summer, looking good & singing beautifully. She was a talent.

Neil McCormick seems to think she was talented. He is critical enough for me.

RIP Amy.

Back
Top Bottom