Amy Winehouse DEAD!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look, bro, Laz and I didn't bring it up, and commending that dude for not drinking the Kool Aid is all I'm going to say on the subject. But surely you can see the parallels in that they were both tabloid fixtures whose personal lives (for better or for worse) often eclipsed their actual careers?

I love how gvox only responded to the first line about who stared it, and says nothing to your well-reasoned, levelheaded commentary.

God forbid any of these sycophants and apologists even admits the guy was weird.

Also, nude photo books of kids + sleepovers with kids + settling out of court + a witness almost run over by a mysterious car + general icky vibe = he did SOMETHING.

They don't have proof about what happened to Amelia Airheart either, but we all know that bitch ain't coming back, dig?

I love how gvox only responded to the first line about who stared it, and says nothing to your well-reasoned, levelheaded commentary.

God forbid any of these sycophants and apologists even admits the guy was weird.

Also, nude photo books of kids + sleepovers with kids + settling out of court + a witness almost run over by a mysterious car + general icky vibe = he did SOMETHING.

They don't have proof about what happened to Amelia Airheart either, but we all know that bitch ain't coming back, dig?
This is probably my favourite post of yours.

Except it's Earhart </nitpick>

lazarus said:
You know, it didn't look right, and I almost correctEd it to "Airhart". I blame the fact that I'm typing all this while driving on the freeway.

The fact that you would actually write all that out while driving is really touching and all...I lie, its actually quite disturbing. Dont text and drive dude :tsk:

The fact that you would actually write all that out while driving is really touching and all...I lie, its actually quite disturbing. Dont text and drive dude :tsk:

I gues Laz just cares more than most people.

I'm not sure but I reckon I was the first to mention Wacko in this thread, comparing his rejuvenated career post death with the one that Whinneyhouse is just about to enjoy. I reckon Wackos best work was Off The Wall before he went insane and wanted to be white or cream coloured or whatever he became in the 80's.

was a programme on last night, its about 3 years old, the story of her, just updated with the brief news of her death at the end, but it was awesome to watch, awesome to see Amy in the earlier days sing, and what a fuking amazing voice!!!!!!!! and yes, before she met Blake she looked healthier and happier, seems from meeting him it all changed.......:sad:

You're an idiot for posting this. It's not even a matter of opinion. You are a sick, sick man

What, for saying Off The Wall is Wackos best album? It's still shit but just a little better than what followed. Can't quite understand the love for Wacko on this forum!

I agree that it's best, but I wouldn't call it crap. It's got a lot of soul, which is more than you can say for the plastic, shiny production of everything after--easily digestible r&b music for white people.

saw Amy Winehouse live in 2006
it was just before Back to Black really started to take off

up till today it's the worst concert I attended
her singing was atrocious
she was either drunk or stoned or both, but either way it was a disgrace

I feel very sorry for her family that she died so young

as for her talent, since she showed no respect for her talent/music herself I find it difficult to do so myself

saw Amy Winehouse live in 2006
it was just before Back to Black really started to take off

up till today it's the worst concert I attended
her singing was atrocious
she was either drunk or stoned or both, but either way it was a disgrace

I feel very sorry for her family that she died so young

as for her talent, since she showed no respect for her talent/music herself I find it difficult to do so myself

I agree Salome!
I feel for the family. :heart:

I know this will take some heat but as far as her being a great music talent.....meh.
Many are placing her in the 27 Club - re: Jim Morrison, Hendrix.
icon30.gif

Definately not in that league by far.

Burlington77 said:
Many are placing her in the 27 Club - re: Jim Morrison, Hendrix.
Definately not in that league by far.

Poor Amy, then. Back to Black is better than any Doors album.

Back
Top Bottom