Amy Winehouse DEAD!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would've loved to hear their indignant response to their dealer after that. "Are you fair dinkum? We wanted speed not meth. What are you trying to do, kill us??"

PhilsFan said:
For the record, the Whineyhouse thing is really clever. I feel like you haven't been given enough credit for your wizardry with the English language.

Agreed. Where others might clobber us over the head with it...he manages to employ an unrivalled subtlety here. One might even have missed it the first, oh, 3 or 4 times!

I guess he could have gone with "Alky Whineyhouse" or "Junky Whineyhouse", but maybe he didn't want to send us into uncontrollable hysterics.

Given that she most likely died an alcohol-related death, you would think someone could do something with the fact that she had "wine" in her name.

Schweinhaus_DW_Wirt_605052g(1).jpg

Oh, but that would be in poor taste.

No spoken words said:
Would COBL's friends still be able to smoke ice if that happened?

How better to appreciate the situation?

Alcoholicky Wineanddrugabusinghouse would agree.

Yeah, well, I just read this now and it couldn't not be added to this thread I suppose:

Q: What have Amy Winehouse and Michael Jackson got in common?
A: They both had a 10 year-old crack addiction.

I finally heard an Amy Winehouse song, the other day. "Rehab." I thought it sucked and am stunned that it was (correct me if I'm wrong...?) really fucking popular. I feel bad that she died, of course, but it makes the outpouring of grief sort of hard for me to comprehend and contextualize. Did millions of people really fall in love with that song, when it was initially released? Somebody fill me in.

And I'm not trolling. I'm just curious. I don't really pay any attention to the pop charts, and am simply having trouble reconciling the song's popularity with the nature of what I (apparently/totally mis-)understand as modern popular music. RIP, etc., but I'm confused. And ignorant, obviously. Inform me.

Wow, Amy must really be proliferating radio right now if Shouter heard Rehab. Are they transmitting her music underground?

Oh yeah. Song was huge when it was first came out.

Was there a lot of stuff that sounded "like this" getting play, at the time, or was she kind of the only one going that route? It just feels, like, garishly out of step with the vast, overwhelming majority of the pop radio I sort of know, from the last five or so years.

Also, perhaps contrary to popular belief, YouTube still is not the radio. But who knows what tomorrow will bring?

I'm just reading the August issue of Q and they have an article on Rock & Roll's biggest boozers. Any Winehouse came in at #6 on the list. Everyone has a status listed by their name (deceased, sober, etc.) and they have her down for "unknown."

Obviously went to press before last week. Nice timing on the article, Q.:doh:

BTW, Rock & Roll's #1 boozer is...
Shane McGowan (status: still drinking)

Back
Top Bottom