Amazon Daily Deals!!!$$$!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got Beach House. Tempted to grab a couple of others that I'll hate myself for later (katy Perry, Fun.) and regina Spektor's intrigues me, but not enough to want to buy it at the moment.

That Katy Perry was hard to say no to (so I said yes). So many damn songs on that thing for $2

WHAT THE HELL?! The 20 albums that were $1.99 yesterday are $.99 today. FUUUUCCCKKKKK.

I just gifted the Beach House album to a friend. I'm ever so generous... (apparently $2 was too much for me to consider this)

Shit, do I have to now become someone who buys digital albums? :tsk:

No, seriously - this cheap stuff is pretty nifty.

Yeah, I got the Lana Del Rey album last night at the 99 cents price. This is going to be a nearly impossible album to hear without bias from all the damnable media attention.

Pretty sure I won't like the beach house album, but for 99 cents I guess I could see what the hype is about.

Sweet! Thanks. Works in the Chicagoland area at least. Seems they're trying to jump on the Groupon wagon?

Yup, here as well.

Since I've never actually purchase any music on amazon, what is this amazon cloud thing mean? Are we still talking mp3s that I can put on my iPod, or am I just really paying for an unlimited ad-less stream of whatever album I buy?

The cloud is basically a massive external hard drive that you can use anywhere with 4G or wifi.

Yup, here as well.

Since I've never actually purchase any music on amazon, what is this amazon cloud thing mean? Are we still talking mp3s that I can put on my iPod, or am I just really paying for an unlimited ad-less stream of whatever album I buy?

The cloud is just a storage system for your music that you can use so you don't have to download the music to your computer. If you don't want to use it, there's an easy way to just download the tracks after you purchase (I believe there's a click box that pops up and asks you or something. I'm not positive, because I always save to the cloud). If you need help, just ask. I think a few pages ago (or maybe it was a different thread altogether) I wrote out step-by-step instructions on how to do it. I hate that it's become even remotely difficult for people who aren't used to the site to do, but that's life I guess.

Yup, here as well.

No you can also download it and put it on your iPod, I do that with everything I buy from them. An option will come up to Download from Cloud Drive, click that and it will start the process.

bono_212 said:
The cloud is just a storage system for your music that you can use so you don't have to download the music to your computer. If you don't want to use it, there's an easy way to just download the tracks after you purchase (I believe there's a click box that pops up and asks you or something. I'm not positive, because I always save to the cloud). If you need help, just ask. I think a few pages ago (or maybe it was a different thread altogether) I wrote out step-by-step instructions on how to do it. I hate that it's become even remotely difficult for people who aren't used to the site to do, but that's life I guess.

Ah ok, cool. I vaguely do remember that thread or those posts, but since I've been pretty reluctant to go digital with music purchases I ignored it. I kind of can't justify spending actual cd prices if/when I can even find things anymore when deals über cheap amazon deals out there. It's just a matter of buying a couple things and getting used to the system. I have a feeling in the very near future I'm going to spend a crapload of money on music, since I haven't been buying anything at all lately.

If you got that free $3 Amazon Local deal credit, White Stripes' White Blood Cells is 2.99 today. So free White Stripes!

And yes the cloud just stores your music for free, so you can listen from anywhere. They have an app for iPhones/iPods and android devices if you want. Its also handy for if you have to wipe your computer clean or it breaks and you lose your music that was stored on it, you can just re-download it from the cloud for free. You can upload music to it from burned CDs that are on your computer.

I prefer ripping from CDs too (smaller file sizes, physical backup), but can't pass up these 1.99-5.99 amazon mp3 deals.

Nice, maybe I'll have to do that The Heavy album since I was planning on using a $1 of my $3 of credit on one of their tracks.

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Yeah, that's my feeling as well. I'm definitely on Rise Above and the latest Tallest Bloke on Earth album (credits to Cobbler for that last name alteration).

I better not even look. I'm pretty broke atm after laying down the cash for all three days of Pitchfork.

Ooh boy. I guess I should be glad that half the albums on there I would buy I do already own. shut up and take my money, indeed.

Back
Top Bottom