Amazing documentary on The Queen Is Dead for free until Thursday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muldfeld

Refugee
There's a great documentary on The Smiths' "The Queen Is Dead" streaming for free on pitchfork.tv until Thusday August 14th, I think.

Pitchfork.tv | beta Scroll down a bit; it was posted last Friday August 8th.

Amazing in-depth interviews with people who talk about the politics and art of the lyrics. Producer Stephen Street talks, and there are snippets of contemporary interviews with Morrissey and Marr.

Check it out, my babies!

I didn't know Conan was posting on Interference now! :wink:

I will check that mambo jambo out, thanks for the heads up.

:lol: Actually, I got it from the ballet teacher in "The Company", played by Malcolm McDowell. But, I've been watching Conan since he began, so perhaps in some subconscious way he's part of the reason, eh?

Watching this now, really enjoying it. Thanks for the reminder, Muldfeld.

Have you ever read 'How Soon is Never'? I HIGHLY recommend it, extremely enjoyable Smiths related novel. I loved it. :up:

Amazon.com: How Soon Is Never?: A Novel: Marc Spitz: Books

No, but I might check it out. It's so hard to know what to buy to learn something well-written about a band's history. I once bought a Radiohead book claiming to cover all the songs written to date. I expected something in-depth and hopefully about the meanings and inspirations for the songs, melodically and especially lyrically. Most of the descriptions were just descriptions of what the songs sounded like. It was by Mark Paytress and I think he now works for some major music news site like NME or something!

I'll add it to my shopping cart if it's on amazon.ca.

How Soon is Never isn't a band biography, but a piece of fiction loosely based on a former Spin writer's attempt to reunite The Smiths. It's extremely entertaining and enjoyable, even more so if you're a Smiths fan. He talks so much about the music in the book, it made me go on a Smiths kick for a few months after reading the book. Great stuff. :up:

Back
Top Bottom