Albums No One Else Owns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
People have preferences, of certain sounds, certain musical attitudes, certain songs. To expect people should favor one work over another because it's "mature" or "important" or whatever (or really just because it's your favorite) is somewhere between offensive and flat-out idiotic. Seems to be an attitude that's long plagued this forum too. It's no wonder people frequently take a hiatus or flat out leave.

Might not be a bad thing to take a break; maybe they can spend that extra free time listening to Achtung Birdie more so they can fully appreciate its greatness.

We should send the memo around, just in case for future vacationers. As long you promise to stick around. I'd hate to see this place fall to mad shambles without a duly appointed arbiter of Shuttlecock tastes to keep the kids in line.

Am I allowed to prefer Zooropa still?

This whole board is like one big sociology experiment waiting to happen.

Laz, I'm listening to Achtung Birdie right now, just for you.

Listen to the outro of UTEOTW on the record. Listen to the outro of Love Is Blindness on the record. Listen to The Fly on the record. Listen to how neutered Mysterious Ways is on the record. Listen to the underplayed second half of Ultraviolet on teh record.

Achtung Baby missed a lot of opportunities to be great.

Listen to the outro of UTEOTW on the record. Listen to the outro of Love Is Blindness on the record. Listen to The Fly on the record. Listen to how neutered Mysterious Ways is on the record. Listen to the underplayed second half of Ultraviolet on teh record.

Achtung Baby missed a lot of opportunities to be great.
Achtung is a very decent album, but I don't think it's U2's magnum opus. I agree with Pfan. Good, but could've been better. And is it just me or are the drums on UV mixed down to near-silence?

never had a problem with AB's production. i don't really have an ear for it anyway. sounds fine to me.

This. The over-analysis is getting paralyzing.

As far as AB and TUF are concerned, it took me a long time to warm up to both of them when they were released because each was such a departure for the the band at the time.

TUF took the longest; when what you'd been hearing for years was the first three records, the sounds of Unforgettable Fire were very different. Same with AB; after the greatness of JT, it was hard to understand AB. Now I like them both very much, but my appreciation of UF has only come in the last 8 years or so.

The only one of these that bothers me is the outro of UTEOTW. That's nothing compared to how it is live.

nielsgov said:
The only one of these that bothers me is the outro of UTEOTW. That's nothing compared to how it is live.

I agree with that,but most songs take on a new life when played live. Take boots for example,it got bad press and didn't chart well but live it has taken off. But the live outro of UTEOTW is just amazing!

cover.jpg

Anyone else have this? Because, omg :heart:

phantom_of_paradise_original_soundtrack_recording.jpg

One of the first movies I ever went to see a bunch of times. I wore the vinyl record of the soundtrack totally out. :reject: (I was 13, there was no such thing as U2 yet)

beef.jpg

:love: :D

ANYTHING that involves dee snider crooning and a metal-faced alien stalking with a rambo knife and the little kid from Poltergeist wearing shades as the head of a guitar on the cover has got my vote.

what is "Phantom of the Paradise" and how do i get me some?!

ANYTHING that involves dee snider crooning and a metal-faced alien stalking with a rambo knife and the little kid from Poltergeist wearing shades as the head of a guitar on the cover has got my vote.

what is "Phantom of the Paradise" and how do i get me some?!

Phantom of the Paradise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:wink:

Amazon.com: Phantom of the Paradise: Paul Williams (III), William Finley, Jessica Harper, George Memmoli, Gerrit Graham, Archie Hahn, Jeffrey Comanor, Peter Elbling, Colin Cameron, David Garland, Gary Mallaber, Art Munson, Mary Margaret Amato, Rand B

(I'd be happy to share the soundtrack with anyone who wants it. :shifty: )

Yep, it sure is! :) Here are some Bigger Lovers videos if you are interested

Well, that's just dandy. I definitely sense some alt-country in there too, which is a wonderful thing. I'll probably listen to the debut since it has the best score on rateyourmusic, as well as the highest Strangelove quotient. Thanks. :up:

Well, that's just dandy. I definitely sense some alt-country in there too, which is a wonderful thing. I'll probably listen to the debut since it has the best score on rateyourmusic, as well as the highest Strangelove quotient. Thanks. :up:

Awesome! :) I love their debut some much, How I Learned To Stop Worrying, even more than Honey in the Hive. Honey in the Hive is poppy and cherry but "Casual Friday" on the debut gives me chills everytime I listen to it because it has heavy undertones and the message. I will send you the files for their debut soon, but could I have your e-mail address please?

LemonMelon, would you like the Bigger Lovers track? Then I need your e-mail please. I can't send PMs because I have too many PMs. And there are PMs I want to hold on to.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom