Albums No One Else Owns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: No, not a troll trap. I was really just commenting on the idea of the thread, not the actual contents. You know... the whole 'that band that you dont know about' or perhaps 'I knew of them way before they were famous'.

When faced with a decision between being labeled a troll or unfunny, always choose troll. ~ Sir Thomas Moore

Stop using smilies. They're retarded. ~ Jesus

Growing up a huge devotee of shoegaze, my big brother turned me on to these guys back in the day - shoot, it was 90 or 91. they're less muscular than ride or MBV, less frantically creative than the boo radleys. but they had their finger on the melodic pulse of a pop tune, and got as many spins around my house as all those other bands because of that. his vocals add a bit of melodrama to the shoegaze formula - sometimes it's irritating, but i don't think it takes a lot of imagination to picture a mop-headed 16 year old moping along with this on the way to a high school party. "Baby's Angry" is really just a collection of prior singles. Standout tracks: "Painting Pictures" and "Drowning Inside"

front.jpeg

Then came this second album - "Cold Water Flat" - released 1993. It took the pre-existing formula and pushed it forward with a wide variety of supplemental instruments, all really tastefully done, adding to the drama of the vocals and really well-written music. Again, it's not perfect, but i STILL play this one all the time. as someone who writes music on my own, this one has influenced me as much as anything i've ever listened to (and that's not hyperbole). It does it all - up tempo, down tempo, folky, blistering rock - and does it all well. The 3 song ending is saccharine as hell, but a great way to go out. Standout tracks: "Shakesdown", "Crimson", "I wear Your Chain", "Medicine Smile", "Wave". really, all of 'em.

front3.jpeg

When faced with a decision between being labeled a troll or unfunny, always choose troll. ~ Sir Thomas Moore

Stop using smilies. They're retarded. ~ Jesus

So then... you're just trolling me right?

And... Jesus said that? Really?

But then again, I'm just trolling you, because I'm hilariously unfunny. What?

Wait for it... wait for it...
:drool::cute::ohmy::hyper::love::reject::hmm::crack::hug::D:lol::sad:

That should do it.

You're still butthurt about the reaction to your Arcade Fire joke?

I'm not sure where all the hatred came from. They seemed pretty well liked on the forum when the album first came out. I don't mean to point the hipster finger here or anything, but it seems like they only got to be so hated around these parts after they made it big.

That's just, like, how I saw it though, if someone wants to point out that I was wrong, feel free, I could very well be.

Oh no, I have hated them since the first time I heard them. I didn't even realize there was a time when they weren't well known.

LuckyNumber7 said:
Quite the opposite, in fact. Making a little sly joke, and of course once again it upsets people (for some unknown reason) enough to comment on it. Again.

The fact that you think any of this is sad.

Back on track:

bundle%20of%20fags.jpg

I doubt/hope that that didn't actually need to be spoilered for the sake of civility, but I'm erring on the side of insanity.

I must have dozens of such albums, but I have way too much music and can no longer keep track. In ten years, I bet you I'm going to be on whatever TV show will have, by then, taken the place of Hoarders. I'm not bragging. This is a legit problem. I'm looking at a stack of cassettes, as I type this; I bet that 90% of them are, like, editions of 20-40. Damn it. Still listen to my Sign 'O' the Times cassette semi-regularly, though! Ugh.

Without my external HDs, I shudder to think how both abjectly (as opposed to fairly) poor and crippled by my collection I would be.

Laughing out loud at myself, but I swear it's a fascinating listen:

3264291787_97a7bc64bd.jpg

^^^
This dude died in a freak hang-gliding accident, in the '70s! Can't make this shit up!

Back
Top Bottom