Albums No One Else Owns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I only know of hers because she (they?) was on an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, playing at The Bronze. :lol:

The song she played had a chorus that went "I know we are, we are the lucky ones," something like that. Is that the same song you mention?

I forgot about that episode! yeah that's the song. I couldn't remember the episode anymore so I checked wikipedia and it says it was a dance remix of the song. :hmm: I'll have to pop in the episode again and listen. Was she actually in the episode too? It's been a while since I've seen it! (or listened to the Bif album for that matter)

:lol: Dance remix? I'm pretty sure it was slow and underscoring some big serious moment.

Yeah, it was her and her band playing on the show.

when i saw this thread was five pages long, i really expected shouter and IWB to be trading posts. :sigh:

Uhh...

has anyone heard of Europop? I mean, you've all heard Eiffel 65's "Blue". But that was my first album as a youngster.

i still have this album. actually, i may have thrown it out, along with Five's Invincible (which had about 72 tracks on it, most of them 10 seconds of silence each). I FUCKING LOVED IT back in the day. Blue Da Ba Dee was great. and i loved The Edge ("i been to the edge, yes i been to the edge...). but it's pretty terrible looking back.

AMG-BBHMM.jpg

well that is easily the best album title i've ever seen.

when i saw this thread was five pages long, i really expected shouter and IWB to be trading posts. :sigh:

i still have this album. actually, i may have thrown it out, along with Five's Invincible (which had about 72 tracks on it, most of them 10 seconds of silence each). I FUCKING LOVED IT back in the day. Blue Da Ba Dee was great. and i loved The Edge ("i been to the edge, yes i been to the edge...). but it's pretty terrible looking back.

well that is easily the best album title i've ever seen.

Yeah that's my initial thought... it's only good because it's nostalgic. It probably sounds like trash to the normal person :lol:

My Console heh.

Reverend Horton Heat was fairly well known. As was Tripping Daisy. They had a string of 'hits' in the mid 90s

I wasn't trying to imply that Tripping Daisy and Rev. Horton Heat were completely unheard of. Just that the Deep Ellum bands aren't household names like Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, etc. that broke out of Seattle.

Does my notable collection of Russian language rock albums fit this thread?

Oh god, I actually got that lying around somewhere. Used to listen to it often when I was 6/7 years old.

I love that Mumford and Sons album. Love it.
Glad to know I'm not alone.
A lot of people do and that's cool. I personally can't stand them, but nobody gives a shit. I think it's partly just fun to trash them because of the name. Sort of like Beady Eye
I'm not sure where all the hatred came from. They seemed pretty well liked on the forum when the album first came out. I don't mean to point the hipster finger here or anything, but it seems like they only got to be so hated around these parts after they made it big.

That's just, like, how I saw it though, if someone wants to point out that I was wrong, feel free, I could very well be.

As for the topic at hand. If anyone else on this board owns this album, and knows how fucking good it is, we're going to need to talk further:

landbefore.jpg

This thread reminds me of how uncool Ken Snyder has become. Oh, those halcyon days when no one knew for sure if there was music on that record.

Just made a quick look through my CD collection (read: not itunes :wink:) and found this...

31QQHYDM7YL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

:drunk: lol, I can't remember the last time I listened to Binocular, nor where I even got the CD :uhoh: A few decent pop tunes, though... (I remember enjoying "Deep" a lot)

I have no clue who that is, but you're :drunk: smiley cracked me up so much for some reason, that I took a moment to look into the album and this is what I found:

"I have managed to listen to the whole album and I think only one word can characterize it : AWESOME . On a scale from 1 to 10 I would give it 20 !! I am a big music fan and I've listen to great songs but in my opinion Binocular's album is the BEST album I've ever listened to . What makes it so good is the fact that each song is beautiful in it's one way."

And also that out of 30 reviews the album has a 5 star rating (25 five stars and 5 four stars). Who the fuck IS this band??!

Yeah, I just looked him up now for shiggles and, to be honest, am kinda surprised to read that he's moved on to the rap genre :crack: Clearly his collaborations with Lil Wayne is a step completely removed from his Binocular days (which, btw, is just him - kinda cool that he played all the instruments and produced the record himself). heh, I'm giving the CD a spin right, now... sooo maaaany meeeemooooriieees *nostalgia overload*

Just listening to it, I'm a little surprised that he didn't gain any recognition for his efforts. So it goes...
But on the other hand, he's having significantly more success with lil Wayne. C'est la vie...

:lol:

i gotta sleep sometime, dude.

i have a lot of punk rock stuff that i'm pretty sure no one here owns, but that would be boring.

under the heading of "i don't know who this is, i hope i didn't buy this, but i have somehow acquired it despite having no memory of doing so, and furthermore am afraid to put it in the cd player because i think ignorance might just very well be bliss"
e3392211lsg.jpg

more "i don't know what this is because i think i only ever listened to it once" but remember its aquisition (multiple copies at the radio station)
f81058rf9kc.jpg

i'm sure someone else has this one....right? battleflag got some airplay around here on one or two radio stations, someone somewhere must have actually liked these guys (although i cannot imagine why):
d39070ppu99.jpg

Yes, Baha Men, and the Land Before Time soundtrack. So hipster.

Oh but I guess I just fell into your troll trap.

:lol: No, not a troll trap. I was really just commenting on the idea of the thread, not the actual contents. You know... the whole 'that band that you dont know about' or perhaps 'I knew of them way before they were famous'.

Back
Top Bottom