Albums No One Else Owns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cover.jpg

LOVE this album. Forgot I had it untl I saw If You Shout talking about cassettes and looked through mine.

Nomeansno. Wow. Didn't they do/aren't they doing a reunion tour? Or maybe they somehow never broke up? Either way, I'm pretty sure that they were at the Bottom Lounge, last year.

Yeah, looks like they toured last fall and are in Europe this spring. Sorry I missed them.

Yeah, but the ointment you gave me turned out to be acid, and I'm not ready to forgive you for that yet.

I can't read anything I wrote on here before maybe a year and a half ago without cringing.
i hear you. i was actually just thinking about this last night, how most of my past posts make me want to slap myself upside the head for various reasons. though if it makes you feel any better, i can't think of any cringe-worthy posts of yours. :) though we're all our harshest critic, so yeah.

reading my original Achtung Baby review thread in EYKIW disgusts me.

I really don't think that there is anything about which to be embarrassed in that review. It is positive but not laudatory, which to me seems to be a completely fair assessment of the album.

What is embarrassing is that other members were so appalled that someone might not immediately declare AB a work of unblemished genius.

Thanks yup. It was around the time where it was complete blasphemy to speak a negative word about AB. It's my subsequent replies that are embarrassing... I got so fired up.

For the record AB now is my #2 album ever, just slightly behind Dark Side of the Moon. And I used to be this forum's biggest defender of Hutdab, an album I haven't listened to in at least two or three years. Funny how things change.

For the record AB now is my #2 album ever, just slightly behind Dark Side of the Moon. And I used to be this forum's biggest defender of Hutdab, an album I haven't listened to in at least two or three years. Funny how things change.

Yeah, five of your formative years will definitely do that. I love AB, but I don't think that it would place within my top twenty-five albums. Pop is the more impressive album, in my opinion at least. It's brash, raw, cynical, and unapologetic in a way that U2 has never been before or after.

Not to mention completely misunderstood by many on this forum. I'm a big Pop fan too. The second half especially is raw and contains brilliant lyrics.

What is your #1? I'm sure you've said before but I can't remember.

What is your #1? I'm sure you've said before but I can't remember.

Led Zeppelin IV - which is kind of strange, because it is so different from the music that I typically like. I love almost everything from Zeppelin, but IV is the perfect storm of the epic, the pastoral, and the raw ability of the four band members.

Yeah IV is pretty special. I think I is my fav Led Zep record, I just love all the songs, but IV really is one of those "essential" albums. I mean DJs and dance artists today still imitate Bonham in When the Levee Breaks. Without much success, either.

reading my original Achtung Baby review thread in EYKIW disgusts me.
I had almost the same reaction as you when I first heard OK Computer. I really didn't understand why everyone was so crazy about it. I thought it was decent but nothing extraordinary. It just shows how opinions can change drastically.

Back
Top Bottom