Albums No One Else Owns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
4151REJX95L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

0000036186_350.jpg

6119pcOnIBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51BQJosTwkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This guy, Shugo Tokumaru, is awesome...he's a Japanese chamber-pop artist who plays literally dozens of instruments. All his albums are wonderful, but Exit is probably my favorite.
:up: You're actually the 2nd person I've heard that loves this album, too... Great stuff!

I would also like to denounce the hipsterdom that this thread inevitably nurtures

whiplash+ticket+to+mayhem.jpg

Some obscure late 80's thrash metal that I bought because I liked the album cover (I used to do that a lot with metal bands, and it's actually the reason I first heard Iron Maiden, which became my favorite band).

I used to have that James CD, although now I just have their greatest hits album. And I have Grant Lee Buffalo's Mighty Joe Moon, which is great.

I have a few embarrassing pop CDs in my collection, but not sure that I have anything really obscure. Two CDs by a Milwaukee band I was friends with in the 90s called Sister Moon, but I don't know that unsigned local bands are really what we're talking about here.

Own 'em both.

I'm sure at least a few other people here have the James album.

Indeed, James are hardly obscure. They were big in the UK in the 1990s, possibly not in the US. I'm guessing most people that went to college in the UK or Ireland in the early 90s would remember some of their bigger hits, if not possess an album or two.

The most recent of theirs I had was Millionnaires, which I need to pick up again - not sure what happened to my copy.

Indeed, James are hardly obscure. They were big in the UK in the 1990s, possibly not in the US. I'm guessing most people that went to college in the UK or Ireland in the early 90s would remember some of their bigger hits, if not possess an album or two.
Yeah I was going to add "in the States" under that pic and forgot.

Raise you ten, seeing as I would guess her more recent albums sold fewer copies:

41ttrh7hHEL._SS400_.jpg

She's quite amazing, I have all her CDs but just put that one on because it's the one I listen to the most. Her duet with Stipe is the most haunting thing I've ever heard. Saw her play some small bar in Chicago, maybe 100 people were there, but she had everyone just eating out of her hand.

Didn't she have a memoir out recently?

Love that duet with Stipe; that's probably the only solo song of hers I'm familiar with.

I don't really expect no one else to own this, but I don't recall her being mentioned around here before.

BifNakedIBificus.jpg

The track Lucky is enough to enough to own the album for. Gorgeous lovely song.

I only know of hers because she (they?) was on an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, playing at The Bronze. :lol:

The song she played had a chorus that went "I know we are, we are the lucky ones," something like that. Is that the same song you mention?

Back
Top Bottom