Adele - 25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
I can't believe we don't have an Adele thread...we've got to stop insulating everything to RMT.

Anyways, lead single for 25 is out today. It's called "Hello" and while I enjoy it, the lyrics by the end give me the impression that Adele is standing outside this guy's house calling him non-stop and generally creepin'/stalkin' which makes it a little more amusing to me then emotional.

YOU BE THE JUDGE:

She's really continuing this trend of naming album after her age.
Supposedly this will be the last album of hers to have a number as the title. Never bothered me, to be honest.

Adele Talks '25,' 'Hello' Origins and 'Darkness' in New Interviews | Rolling Stone
25 is Adele's third LP, following her debut 19 and breakthrough 21. "I feel like the idea of calling the albums after my age is sort of like taking a photograph of my life," the now-27-year-old singer told Apple Music, adding that "the magnitude of stuff that's happened" when she was 25 – including the birth of her son – informed the record. However, this will be the last Adele album to bear a number as its title, as Adele revealed, "25 is the perfect age to end the albums named after my age."

I like this song, although I always end up vastly preferring the more uptempo stuff (so, like, two songs on each album). But I can't help loving Adele.

It's just as middle-of-the-road and boring as Damon Albarn suggested her new album would be. *yawn*

I actually did think it was a cover when it first started, because it had a similar cadence to it that went away very quickly.

In all seriousness, I thought EBW acoustic was Someone Like You the first couple of times. Radio was my first exposure to the acoustic version and I figured it was Adele until Bono started singing and I was like NOOOOOOO

I always end up vastly preferring the more uptempo stuff (so, like, two songs on each album). But I can't help loving Adele.
This. Rolling In The Deep and Rumour Has It are my two favorite Adele songs.

This is pretty meh.

I like this song, although I always end up vastly preferring the more uptempo stuff (so, like, two songs on each album).

This. Rolling In The Deep and Rumour Has It are my two favorite Adele songs.

Agreed. I wish she'd embrace it more; perhaps she does elsewhere on the album.

New song isn't bad, but it doesn't really stand out either.

Agreed. They're the only two songs I can cop and I don't ever wanna hear the former ever again. Not excited about this at all.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

My assumptions were confirmed on my drive home today: I like this song when I catch it already at the big part, and not when I have to listen to the entire song. Means I'll enjoy listening to a little bit of it 5 times a day for the next year.

I was wondering why she has an old-school flip phone in the video ... but I suppose there's no dramatic way to hang up on a call on an iPhone.

Last edited:
Adele will be taping an NBC tv special 11/17 at Radio City Music Hall to air on 12/14.

She will also be appearing on SNL 11/21 and Jimmy Fallon too. Not sure on the Jimmy date.

In all seriousness, I thought EBW acoustic was Someone Like You the first couple of times. Radio was my first exposure to the acoustic version and I figured it was Adele until Bono started singing and I was like NOOOOOOO

Besides the fact that they both use the piano, both songs rely on the I–V–vi–IV progression somewhat, so that's not too far off-base there.

Back
Top Bottom