Adam Lambert appreciation thread~*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
(AP)NEW YORK — ABC says more than 1,500 people have called to complain about Adam Lambert's sexually charged performance at the American Music Awards.

The network characterized the response as "moderate." Before his performance, Lambert said that he wanted to break down a double standard that existed where female performers are often sexually provocative while men don't do it that often.

Can anyone confirm what was actually censored on the left coast? I read something earlier that made it sound like the only thing that got censored was him flipping off the camera, that the kiss was still in there.

Not sure about the oral sex pantomime - there was another instance with Pink pantomiming oral sex with a dancer on the Billboard music awards a few years back, and that got censored, too.

So if that's the case about what was censored, what's the problem, Glambert?

AdamL-1.jpg

PERF7.jpg

PERF43.jpg

AdamL-14.jpg

This is getting good. Apparently Good Morning America has cancelled Adam's concert which was supposed to be tomorrow because of the thousands of complaints about the AMA performance.

However, do not fear, apparently Adam will be on the CBS Early Show instead.

I can't believe the attention this is getting. Slow news week I guess. Oh and JLo should totally send Adam a gift basket because now NO ONE is talking about her falling on her ass.

I need a popcorn gif.

I bet no one's talking about J-Lo because a) her new song sucks; and b) in general, it seems like her big comeback is falling on its ass, much like she did.

woah, ABC GMA canceled his show this week. :doh:

I guess he will be on CBS morning show instead. :hmm:

Seriously I'm getting worried about this. Yeah he did go a bit too far with the performance, though it doesn't bother me it did come as a shock and I got over it just as quick, but I know that there a lot of people maybe even some of his own fans that don't approve and have turned their back on him.
In my opinon Adam doesn't have to prove him self by going all crazy with his stage antics but whatever his thinking was he should know that many already accepted who he is. He has great talent I really hope this "mishap" doesn't damage his career.

And yeah he does have great hair!

i'm not offended that he kissed a dude, and people who are offended by that should get over it.

i'm not offended that he simulated getting a hummer, although i can see why some would be by that.

i am offended, however, at how the "shock" and "horror" of the performance has taken away from how god awful the performance was.

Meanwhile, Adam Lambert’s “For Your Entertainment” is also outperforming sales expectations, despite—or perhaps because of—the risque performance he turned in at the American Music Awards on Sunday, Nov. 22. Label and distribution sources project that “For Your Entertainment” could sell about 225,000 units in its first week.

Meanwhile, Adam Lambert’s shenanigans on the American Music Awards may have upset the sensibilities of viewers and gatekeepers at “Good Morning America,” which canceled his scheduled appearance on this morning's show. However, the only impact his AMA performance has had on sales seems to have been positive.

Source

Nobody asked him to be a "baby sitter," but he should know that sort of thing would cause a lot of :panic: considering it was on network TV.

The Madonna/Britney kiss was on MTV, which, while it did cause a lot of :panic: all the same, at least you knew MTV was more likely to give you that sort of naughty stuff.

On the other hand, I figure there is NO WAY the AMAs/ABC did not know what he was going to do in the performance, despite what ABC said in their statement. Why else were the AMA pre-commercial voiceovers hyping his performance as the thing "everybody would be talking about tomorrow" through the whole damn show?

The whole thing is ridiculous.

Hmm, okay. I thought I'd heard otherwise.

And I still haven't heard for sure what was actually edited on the west coast footage. Did anyone on this side of the country watch it on ABC? I saw the YouTube video of the live broadcast.

Left Coaster here, they edited out the oral sex simulation but not the kiss. I was surprised at the latter. They also edited out part of the lyric and obviously the flipping off.

Cool, thanks for confirming.

So yeah, there should be no surprise and no cries of bigotry about this. Apparently Pink got edited back in the day at the Billboard awards (also on network TV) when she did a similar BJ bit in her choreography.

Back
Top Bottom