Adam Lambert appreciation thread~*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Iris! What are you doing in this thread?? Are you a closet Glambert as well?? Say it isn't so!! :hug:

Anyhoo, I'm emerging from lurking around in this thread to see if anyone's interested in buying my extra ticket to the AI tour in Philly. I won a pair of auctioned tickets for Wachovia Center, and I really only need one. It's floor tickets, center section, fourth row. Face value I bid was $100 + $3.50 fee per ticket, so total is $103.50.

In other venues, fourth row seats fetched $135 and above, so this is quite a steal. But I realize you have to be a die-hard fan of Lambert or Allen to want to pay this much... so I figure I'd ask you guys first. :D

The show at Wachovia Center in Philly is on August 20. PM me if you're interested. Mods, let me know if this post needs to be moved. I don't think I should post this on the What Do You Have What Do You Want section since it's not U2360 related...

Iris! What are you doing in this thread?? Are you a closet Glambert as well?? Say it isn't so!! :hug:

Anyhoo, I'm emerging from lurking around in this thread to see if anyone's interested in buying my extra ticket to the AI tour in Philly. I won a pair of auctioned tickets for Wachovia Center, and I really only need one. It's floor tickets, center section, fourth row. Face value I bid was $100 + $3.50 fee per ticket, so total is $103.50.

In other venues, fourth row seats fetched $135 and above, so this is quite a steal. But I realize you have to be a die-hard fan of Lambert or Allen to want to pay this much... so I figure I'd ask you guys first. :D

The show at Wachovia Center in Philly is on August 20. PM me if you're interested. Mods, let me know if this post needs to be moved. I don't think I should post this on the What Do You Have What Do You Want section since it's not U2360 related...

Maybe you should try posting this in one of the AI communities in Live Journal. I'm sure there are tons of people looking for tickets this good. I wish I lived there, I'd definitely buy it.

And to contribute to the post:

20717730-099ded4dcf547d43cecfecdb0e.jpg

7-25827.jpg

His SICK jacket.

7-25851.jpg

Shakira ain't got nothin' on him. Hee!

adyv7n.gif

And because it's not just about his looks, here's a great little interview that surfaced recently:

O&AN Exclusive: 1-on-1 with Adam Lambert
Idol sensation talks about his wild Southern fans and the importance of being a dreamer

You can’t help but notice him as he chats up the different press outlets at the Memphis FedEx Forum. Adam Lambert and the other top American Idol contestants have just wrapped their Memphis performance of the American Idols Live tour. Even here, Lambert stands out from the rest of the pack. The runner-up on Season 9 of American Idol is kind, gracious, honest, attractive, gay - someone you'd want to befriend.

O&AN: Hi Adam, I’m with Nashville's Out & About Newspaper, a GLBT paper.

Lambert: Cool! Perfect. We love that.

O&AN: And I love you. (Giggles from both sides.) But I’ll get past that. What advice do you have for dreamers—whether it’s acting, writing, singing—just dreamers?

Lambert: Hmmm, I like that question. I think it’s hard because being a dreamer isn’t always the easiest thing in the world because we have to exist in a space that is not reality.

We have to exist in that ‘what if’ or ‘imagination’ world, and I think that with all the pressures of everyday life, you can constantly be thrown out of that, and it’s almost a fight to stay in that ‘dreamer’ space. My advice would be to try to find a new angle, a new perspective on something, and that’s in my opinion, the best way to take your dreams and make them come true.

Find a way to be new and fresh with your ideas, and just to keep dreaming. Find your safe space that is conducive to that. Find a way to tap into that part of yourself and not be thrown out of that dreamer space. Stay on the cloud!

O&AN: How did you stay? How did you do it?

Lambert: You know... I kind of tuned a lot of it out, as much as I could. I knew every night I would go out there for the show, that there would be judges, and there was an audience watching on the other side of the camera, and I kind of just said, ‘You know what? When you get out on stage, just do your thing; You’ve been performing for a long time, Adam. Get out there and perform for the people in the studio,’ and the audience wasn’t that large in the studio, so I wasn’t too intimidated by that.

If I started thinking too much and getting in my head about ‘oh there’s judges, judging me, oh my gosh, there’s 30 million people on the other side of that camera,’ that’s when I would start to get a little nervous. So, it was like mind over matter.

O&AN: What about before Idol when you were on stage?

Lambert: Well, I’ve been on stage since I was like 10 years old, so that’s helped me a lot. It’s a pretty comfortable place for me. Sometimes - it sounds a little cliché - but sometimes being on stage is almost more comfortable than certain aspects of real life.

Although that’s gotten better for me, but I think in my twenties, I’ve gotten more comfortable in my own skin, and in who I am as a real person. I think that’s part of the reason why I transitioned out of theatre—which is pretending to be somebody else—and into this art form, which is being myself, maybe in a heightened form. Maybe it’s more of a persona, but it’s based on who I really am. So, I think that reflects my personal growth.

O&AN: Any chance you’ll be in Nashville in the next year?

Lambert: You know, there’s always a chance. I think Nashville has now become a huge music scene, and I wouldn’t be surprised if I ended up there for some project or another.

The support that I’ve seen out here has meant a lot to me, and it’s been surprising, because I didn’t realize that was the case. I kind of figured, ‘Oh, I’m maybe more supported in the metropolitan, liberal areas.’

O&AN: Not the South?

Lambert: I didn’t think the South, and there was also so much support in Utah. There had been areas in my head that I thought were more conservative areas, and the support has been unbelievable. So far in the South, I’ve found the fans have been wilder than they were in California.

I mean... people are really enthusiastic and passionate down here. It’s kind of all hitting me all at once, that it’s universal, and that means a lot to me. That means I did something right, and I’m really happy about that.

This is the source, but the traffic generated by this interview killed the site, so it's not accessible at the moment: Out & About - O&AN Exclusive: 1-on-1 with Adam Lambert

Glad you like ^^^

I'm going to Central Park next Friday for Good Morning America, Adam, Kris and David Cook will be performing! I hope I can get good pictures and maybe even a good story!!! :D

Glad you like ^^^

I'm going to Central Park next Friday for Good Morning America, Adam, Kris and David Cook will be performing! I hope I can get good pictures and maybe even a good story!!! :D

Have fun! Good luck. :)

So I went to see the AI show last night in Newark. I was surprised at how good it was. I mean, I thought by now some of them have already lost their voice or something like that. I enjoyed the songs very much. It's like having a live performance of one of those NOW cds with top songs from various artists. :D

And of course I have to share this video I took from last night. It actually turned out pretty good. I thought Adam's performance of Slow Ride with Alison was his best from last night. His voice was so weird during Starlight that for one moment I thought he was lip-syncing...:reject: Ok, don't throw tomatoes at me, I love every little bulge of Adam's!! :love:

I can't help but wonder if some of the negative comments that "fans" made on his twitter were getting to him. Apparently he didn't come outside of the Prudential Center to do meet & greet, and many fans got disappointed. He apologized on his tweeter, saying he had family and friends inside. But of course some people were probably bitter. :rolleyes:

So I heard that almost very night Adam would have underwear thrown at him onstage, but from the look of Alison's face, it may have been her first time getting a jockstrap thrown at her. :lol:

YouTube - MAH01662

^ I is lovin the hair! He certainly knows how to handle the bras that get thrown on stage!

I actually like his hair from the 1st night better than the second one :reject:
I can't believe I got the Elvis hair. I hope in Philly he's going to sport his peacock rocker do!

After seeing Newark 1 and Tampa videos, I think I got a pretty tame Lambert on Newark 2 :grumpy:
That boy better step it up in Philly!!

Aw, but his BF was in town. :wink:

Yes he was, I could understand to a certain point, he had said recently in an interview that inside after a show he takes pictures and talks with about 200 people that get to go backstage and he is exhausted to come out and do it again. :shrug: So to a degree I feel bad that he is trying to get used to all this hoopla.

some pics from the show!
071.jpg

073.jpg

IMG_83521.jpg

IMG_83601.jpg

IMG_83801.jpg

Back
Top Bottom