Accelerate - REM album - March 31 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep they definitely toured in April 2005, it was a great concert and they also celebrated their 25th anniversary in Adelaide (and of course they go drinking in my local when I'm not there :mad: ).

Peter Buck was also here in October 2006 touring with Robyn Hitchcock's band, the Venus 3. Peter Buck in a small club, we got very close.... :drool:

REM are on Austin City Limits this Saturday. According to the site for the show, this is the setlist (not sure if they mean this is what they'll play on TV, or this is just what they played for the performance):

* Living Well's the Best Revenge
* Mansize Wreath
* Drive
* Accelerate
* Hollow Man
* Electrolite
* Houston
* Supernatural Superserious
* Bad Day
* Losing My Religion
* I'm Gonna DJ
* Horse to Water
* Until the Day is Done
* Man on the Moon

http://www.pbs.org/klru/austin/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=195&Itemid=664

Should be a good show. :up:

u2popmofo said:
REM are on Austin City Limits this Saturday. According to the site for the show, this is the setlist (not sure if they mean this is what they'll play on TV, or this is just what they played for the performance):

* Man on the Moon

COO-WELLLLLLLL!

:cori:

u2popmofo said:

Thanks for the heads up mofo

lazarus said:
COO-WELLLLLLLL!

:grumpy:

So I'm listening today from a 2004 Springsteen bootleg from the Vote For Change tour, and Stipe joins Bruce for Born to Run.

What comes out of Stipe's mouth?

"... I wanna know if love is REEEEE-ALLLLLLLL!"

Me = stabbity stabbity stabbity

(that might not have been the exact line, but he did the yell thing at the end of some big line he sang)

Anyway. I'll have to check my PBS listings - I know when Arcade Fire was on, my PBS was a week behind. Grrr.

Bruce + Stipe = :no:

You now have me singing every R.E.M. song in my head with J.M.S. inappropriately belting out the last word of the chorus.

"I think I thought that I saw you try. TRYYYYYYYYYY!"

the album is good, it is punky-er than the previous albums. but i really liked only like
Sing for the submarine.. should listen at it more carefully

I liked hearing the new songs last night on Austin City Limits, but its disappointing to see an entire R.E.M. setlist not contain one song from their first six albums.

CRAP, I totally forgot.

Me, too. And there I was watching a movie so bad I couldn't finish it. :grumpy:

but here's a video of Supernatural Superserious:
Austin City Limits - Home

Stipe hasn't been in good voice anytime I've seen them promoting this record. Is this a permanent change? :(

The band sounds great, though.

It reruns tonight on my PBS station so I've set the DVR.

Stipe hasn't been in good voice anytime I've seen them promoting this record. Is this a permanent change? :(

It reruns tonight on my PBS station so I've set the DVR.

Those were my thoughts watching the entire ACL as well, Stipes voice is really not what it used to be.

Saw them tonight in St. Paul (full review and pictures to follow later), and I'm traveling to Chicago for tomorrow night's show. :hyper:

i still don't think i've listened to the entire album, and i bought it a week or two after it came out.

...which is why I assumed you don't like it. :wink: If I'm really into an album, I don't stop the CD till it's done! :drool:

only time i have time to listen to music anymore is when i'm driving (or in a vehicle, which is most of the time--for example, i'm in the truck at work right now, computer wedged between the steering wheel and my gut as i type this, but listening to pearl jam), and i'd really like to hear the album start to finish. unfortnatly, i get a call at work or my partner changes the tunes, or in my own car i arrive at home before the album is done. i've got a couple other things i've bought recently that i haven't heard in their entirety, either.

:huh:

i'm working on it. i'm hardly ever home.

all your sad and lost apostles... i know that song and supernatural superserious pretty damn well.

it would probably help if i put the album on my ipod...

Isn't the album under 30 mins? How haven't you heard it yet? This seems like a possible lie, it's good to know IWB has not changed.

At this point, I don't love it or hate it. I think it's good, and a vast improvement in mood/style over the last album, but I still stand by my opinion that's it's lacking something ... that vital something that makes REM's great albums great.

It lacks some heart, some weight ... I don't know. It lacks a big something for me.

Isn't the album under 30 mins? How haven't you heard it yet? This seems like a possible lie, it's good to know IWB has not changed.

i have some change in my pocket, but that's about it.

is it really under 30 minutes? hmm. i drive pretty fast...

Back
Top Bottom