Accelerate - REM album - March 31 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lazarus said:
God, Peter Buck looks fucking old. He could be in The Eagles with that mug. That's what years of excessive drinking will do to you, kids!
:madwife: I got to meet Peter a year ago when he was playing with Robyn Hitchcock. He looked mighty damn fine to me! :drool:

Lancemc said:
Or should I at least wait for the album to leak to declare how shitty they've become?

You can do it now or later, as long as you realize it doesn't matter when you do it - I'm going to jump all over your ass for saying so. :wink:

corianderstem said:

You can do it now or later, as long as you realize it doesn't matter when you do it - I'm going to jump all over your ass for saying so. :wink:

Fair enough.

You people are so hyper critical, its a fun, catchy song for the first single, all signs point to this record being an energetic change of pace, yet you're ready to decry R.E.M. for eternity.

Considering how mediocre their last two albums have been, and the fact that this single offers absolutely nothing new to formula or even anything notably exciting within the existing formula, I think it's a safe bet to prepare for the worst.

Lancemc said:
Considering how mediocre their last two albums have been, and the fact that this single offers absolutely nothing new to formula or even anything notably exciting within the existing formula, I think it's a safe bet to prepare for the worst.

I reluctantly agree.

I've heard the new song only once or twice and I wait with judgement until I have the album. I loved their last albums, despite of what people say, and I have tickets for their Berlin concert in July. I'm really excited about this and I'm not going to spoil the fun by over-analyzing one single song.

Lancemc said:

Have you listened to the Dublin shows?

Irishteen said:

Yup, my first ever festival :drool:

they're only the second band announced the first was King of Leon

:cool: I'd like to go to a festival this summer, but I've spent too much money on concerts already, and I'll be trying to go to R.E.M.'s show in Chicago.

Last edited:
Lancemc said:
That song's petty lame. I'm not very optimistic about this new album. Is it too early to pronounce R.E.M. officially dead? Or should I at least wait for the album to leak to declare how shitty they've become?

They're just like Radiohead.

Shit record after shit record after shit record.

But there's always hope.

you a quick one.

Though any band could break a shit streak.

How many people wrote off U2 after the turd factory that is "Pop"?

brau comes back to life ala Ash,

shits in mouths of Zoots and Laz.

Poor souls. With bad breath. Shit breath. And horrible taste in music.

The mature conversation present in this thread is positively scintillating.

Last edited:
Isn't it funny?

REM get shat all over in here.

Nobody cares.

I mention Radiohead and Pop, and people get panties in mighty bunches.

Oh, I care when REM gets shat on. But how many times can you get in someone else's face and give them the scolding finger of shame, telling them how wrong they are? I get tired of it.

Aren't you tired of bitching about how people love Radiohead?

Zootlesque said:

:mad::mad::mad:

*runs madly in anger towards Brau, powersaw in hand, takes his head off and kicks the headless corpse off a cliff*

lazarus said:

Laz rappels down side of cliff face, pisses on corpse.

MrBrau1 said:
brau comes back to life ala Ash,

shits in mouths of Zoots and Laz.

Poor souls. With bad breath. Shit breath. And horrible taste in music.

If you guys want to debate music, fine...but if you could do it in a more tame, less vulgar manner, that would be great. This is inappropriate.

This warning is extra strong for you, Brau, as this is the third thread in a row I've visited in B&C where I have had to say something to you. I'm hoping I can click on the next thread and just be able to read it and reply as a normal member instead of having to reprimand you.

corianderstem said:
Oh, I care when REM gets shat on. But how many times can you get in someone else's face and give them the scolding finger of shame, telling them how wrong they are? I get tired of it.

Aren't you tired of bitching about how people love Radiohead?

:up:

I'm tired of it, as well. I came so close to saying something nasty to him earlier, but then reeled it back in. I actually had it written, then deleted it...one of those posting moments I'm sure we all have sometimes. Maybe Brau should do the same, and consider his reply before he tears into someone for their so-called bad taste.

Bonochick said:
If you guys want to debate music, fine...but if you could do it in a more tame, less vulgar manner, that would be great. This is inappropriate.

This warning is extra strong for you, Brau, as this is the third thread in a row I've visited in B&C where I have had to say something to you. I'm hoping I can click on the next thread and just be able to read it and reply as a normal member instead of having to reprimand you.

:up:

Right now, Brau is the absolute worst thing about interference. I won't condemn you as a person, but this online persona you've created is dreadful and disgusting. As Bonochick says, debating music is fine...but you always cross that line between jest and complete insult. Most people here with common sense know what that line is. Maybe you should jump on that train before you go off the rails.

As for attacking the recent output of bands, that's also fine...to a limit. You always take it to far, to the point where criticizing Radiohead has almost become your identity. Every time I read one of those attacks, I feel like throwing up a little in my mouth.

Surely, you can do better, Brau.

Back
Top Bottom