Accelerate - REM album - March 31 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, does anybody have a live compilation from the Dublin shows that consist only of these songs? Like an "Accelerate live" album?

Something similar was made for In Rainbows. I would like to hear it just to get a feeling what the album might sound like.

There's no such thing as a bad R.E.M. album though I agree that Around the sun lacks a bit in execution (mostly some energy for which I do blame Stipe a bit) and Reveal has some weaker moments

I'm excited about the new one though
because new R.E.M. is alwasy something I get excited about

R.E.M. TO TOUR N. AMERICA WITH MODEST MOUSE AND THE NATIONAL
Body: R.E.M. will tour North America this May and June in support of Accelerate, their new record which is set to be released on April 1. The band will be joined on the North American tour by Modest Mouse and The National. Please stay tuned to remhq.com for more details.

May

23--Vancouver--Deer Lake Park
29--Los Angeles--Hollywood Bowl
31--Berkeley--The Greek Theatre

June

03--Denver--Red Rocks Amphitheatre
06--Chicago--United Center
08--Toronto--Molson Amphitheatre
10--Raleigh--Walnut Creek Amphitheatre
11--Washington, DC--Merriweather Post Pavilion
13--Boston--Tweeter Center for the Performing Arts
14--Long Island--Jones Beach Theater
18--Philadelphia--Mann Center for the Performing Arts
19--New York City--TBA
21--Atlanta--Lakewood Amphitheatre

Indeed. They're all arena-size. Not sure I can go to any of these, but if the album is good I really might consider it. Especially if Modest Mouse and National are supporting.

I would do very embarrassing and/or violent things to be able to attend the June 6th show in Chicago.

I wonder what the ticket prices will be...

Also I can't get enough of that 30 second clip of 'Supernatural Superserious' and actually found that it was stuck in my head as I woke up this morning.

Gol dang it, why not Seattle? :grumpy:

Guess I'll be day-tripping it up to Vancouver. At least it's on a Friday!

COBL_04 said:
Listened to Automatic twice yesterday... am I missing something?? It's just not that good.

Go over in the corner and die. You're officially an outcast.

Anu said:
R.E.M. TO TOUR N. AMERICA WITH MODEST MOUSE AND THE NATIONAL
Body: R.E.M. will tour North America this May and June in support of Accelerate, their new record which is set to be released on April 1. The band will be joined on the North American tour by Modest Mouse and The National. Please stay tuned to remhq.com for more details.

May

23--Vancouver--Deer Lake Park
29--Los Angeles--Hollywood Bowl
31--Berkeley--The Greek Theatre

June

03--Denver--Red Rocks Amphitheatre
06--Chicago--United Center
08--Toronto--Molson Amphitheatre
10--Raleigh--Walnut Creek Amphitheatre
11--Washington, DC--Merriweather Post Pavilion
13--Boston--Tweeter Center for the Performing Arts
14--Long Island--Jones Beach Theater
18--Philadelphia--Mann Center for the Performing Arts
19--New York City--TBA
21--Atlanta--Lakewood Amphitheatre

:hmm: Looks like I better start planning a trip to Chicago.

I hope they bring The National to Philly. They are soooooo good live. :drool:

Fuck MoMo if I can have The National instead.

Lancemc said:

I might be there with you, Lance. It'll be hard for me to pass that show up.

Lancemc said:

I think both are opening the whole N. American tour...

Definitely down for either Jones Beach (it's a Saturday so the longer trek is OK) or NYC, I guess it will depend on what the TBA turns out to be.

COBL_04 said:
Listened to Automatic twice yesterday... am I missing something?? It's just not that good.

I can understand how you feel, I find it a very difficult album to just throw into the Cd player and play. Rarely have an urge to listen.

It's the understated songs that give the album it's true beauty I reckon, Sweetness Follows, Try Not To Breate, Star Me Kitten. Everybody Hurts has been overplayed, while just about every other song requires me to be in a very particular mood for me to enjoy it.

I much prefer New Adventures, Reveal, Out Of Time, Document and Murmur personally.

Everybody Hurts can't be overplayed
that's like saying you've seen Rembrandt's Nightwatch too often

I skip Everybody Hurts every time I listen to the album, and that's my REM concert bathroom break song.

I've been waiting for them to announce dates, and with The National as well? AMAZING!! They're so much fun live, although it probably won't be the same as it is intimate with their fans but still a great opener. Modest Mouse is ok.

corianderstem said:
Gol dang it, why not Seattle? :grumpy:

Guess I'll be day-tripping it up to Vancouver. At least it's on a Friday!

there's a large gap between vancouver and l.a. AND the sasquatch festival falls in that gap. i would not not be surprised if they headline the day that the cure doesn't headline.

anyway, this tour is off the chain. im seriously considering timing a visit to san francisco around the berkeley date; i've always wanted to see a show at the greek theatre.

intedomine said:

I can understand how you feel, I find it a very difficult album to just throw into the Cd player and play. Rarely have an urge to listen.

It's the understated songs that give the album it's true beauty I reckon, Sweetness Follows, Try Not To Breate, Star Me Kitten. Everybody Hurts has been overplayed, while just about every other song requires me to be in a very particular mood for me to enjoy it.

I much prefer New Adventures, Reveal, Out Of Time, Document and Murmur personally.

I dunno it's just not immediately accessible, I suppose. There's good songs, Try Not to Breathe, Sweetness Follows, Man on the Moon, Nightswimming... a grower perhaps.

I hope they don't do Sasquatch. I hate giant festivals and don't want to drive that far to see one band.

Back
Top Bottom