Accelerate - REM album - March 31 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have nothing but not so kind things to say about Stipe's dancing in that Harbour Coat video, but the song itself sounded great. Anyways, I want to play as well:

REM's first television appearance on Letterman in 1983. I don't know what's more awesome, Dave's hair, promoting an LP, how the whole band looks like kids, name dropping Hershel Walker, bands playing two songs on late night shows, Stipe hiding so he doesn't have to be interviewed, or So. Central Rain being so new that it hadn't been named yet.

YouTube - REM - Radio Free Europe

YouTube - REM - So. Central Rain

Both songs sound flippin' fantastic.

I love these early Letterman clips.
I remember when I bought Eponymous back in the day, the liner notes said So. Central Rain was first played on Letterman, and I remember thinking how cool it would be to see it again. Thank you Youtube.

Its interesting to contrast this with their next appearance on Letterman in 1995 when the played Crush With Eyeliner. I remember watching this one live.

YouTube - REM - "Crush w/ Eyeliner" LIVE 1995 (Video quality kinda sucks)

They seem like an entirely different band, esp. Stipe.

YouTube - REM 6-9-84 Passaic 13. Sitting Still

Sitting Still from 1984...Stipe has serious girl hair. This is actually one clip of a whole show from Passaic, New Jersey. Some very cool songs on here. Check the sidebar.

His hair....wow. I think my sister had a similar style in the '80's. :wink: Song sounds great though.

YouTube - REM - "Crush w/ Eyeliner" LIVE 1995 (Video quality kinda sucks)

They seem like an entirely different band, esp. Stipe.

Is he wearing safety goggles???

I like how Stipe went and sat down again for old times sake.

I don't like how Stipe grabbed his ankles and wiggled his kiester at me.

So I found the REM thread and digged it out again ... seems no one is going to their concerts any more. :cry:

Anyway, I went to their Berlin concert last Wednesday. It rained all day but totally stopped for the show and didn't begin again for the rest of the night, what a blessing. It was a little muddy down there, though, but standing in front of the stage really made up for that. Editors were support, great band, though a little too U2ish at times. REM played a great set, were in good spirits, Michael talking a lot, joking around. At one point he changed his shoes and socks because he didn't want to continue playing in his trainers, since the stage wasn't as wet as he'd been told it would be. Great atmosphere. Here's what they played:

1. Living Well Is the Best Revenge
2. West Of The Fields
3. What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
4. Star 69
5. Man-Sized Wreath
6. Ignoreland
7. Begin The Begin
8. Hollow Man
9. Imitation Of Life
10. Houston
11. Electrolite
12. So. Central Rain
13. Auctioneer
14. The Great Beyond
15. The One I Love
16. Pretty Persuasion
17. Fall On Me
18. Let Me In
19. Horse To Water
20. Bad Day
21. I'm Gonna DJ
22. Orange Crush

23. Supernatural Superserious
24. Losing My Religion
25. Driver 8
26. (Don’t Go Back To) Rockville
27. Man On The Moon

I liked it so much that I consider going back to see one of their arena shows in Germany in fall.

Does anyone know a good site that offers REM concert bootlegs (not torrent). I'd very much appreciate any information, since I cannot seem to find anything. Thanks.

It's been years since I've poked around the site, but check out the big fan site Murmurs. Maybe they have some tips, sites or links there? I think it's murmurs.com.

He's got about 20 apparently, but this is the super-sentimental one he's had since 1982. With the trucker girl on the front. :(

He is indeed a legend... :drool:

Back
Top Bottom