Accelerate - REM album - March 31 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would have made this face when West of the Field started:

:huh:

I really don't like that song.

And I hope they keep Man on the Moon as the closer, so if I get to see them on this tour, I can plan on leaving early, out the door before the first obnoxious "COOOO-WOLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!"

And I hope they keep Man on the Moon as the closer, so if I get to see them on this tour, I can plan on leaving early, out the door before the first obnoxious "COOOO-WOLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!"

:lmao: On the video screen during Man on the Moon, it actually said COOOOOOOOL. Cracked me up so much.

:lmao: On the video screen during Man on the Moon, it actually said COOOOOOOOL. Cracked me up so much.

Oh man, I'd love to see Cori's face watching that pop up.

OldLady.jpg

istockphoto_343983_cranky_old_lady.jpg

crazyoldlady.jpg

in their first 6 shows they played 52 different songs
they played songs from all of their albums except for Around the Sun
ans Stipe is starting to sound better from what I can tell from various youtube clips

so I thought this time maybe this forum would be happy

They were showing some REM concert on DirectTV today, and during Leaving New York Stipe shouted "FEEEEEEEELLL!"

Let's just say I was immediately reminded of what my lunch tasted like.

For the record, that's exactly what we did...heard the beginning of that song and immediately split.

How many people that like REM in here like New Adventures in Hi-Fi? I always was amazed that casual REM fans kind of dismiss the album. I like it.

It's a great album, one of their best, but probably just a wee bit overlong.

Leave, Wake Up Bomb, Blinky, Electrolite, Departure, E-Bow :drool:

Low Desert and Zither are expendable, and maybe Undertow

My second favorite after Lifes Rich Pageant, actually. And of course, Undertow, which the always reliable intedomine feels is one of the expendable songs, is my favorite track on there.

Cori probably just likes it because the studio tracks were recorded in Seattle.

Man, I wouldn't wish Ignoreland on my worst enemy.

Sorry you had to be subjected to that, and missed hearing ANY other song by the band.

Surprised to see Shaking Through AND West of the Fields. That's kind of cool.

I was kind of excited to see they were doing Ignoreland... :shifty: Anyway, I am also going to see them Saturday at Jones Beach...can't wait! Weather forecast has it to be a nice beach night right now. Although, I am also glad they are closing with Man on the Moon, now I can go get a jump on the bus line back to the train without remorse. :wink:

How many people that like REM in here like New Adventures in Hi-Fi? I always was amazed that casual REM fans kind of dismiss the album. I like it.

I love it.

electrolite, Wake up bomb, leave, bittersweet me, so fast so numb, e-bow, etc.

Great stuff...but my personal favorite from NAIHF right now is definitely Be Mine. Gorgeous song.

Automatic for the People will always be my #1 by the band. But there are a few that are close, including Lifes Rich Pageant.

Never been as wild about Lifes Rich Pageant as the rest of you. It's a great one, sure, but I'd take Automatic, Murmur, and Document over it any day.

I started with R.E.M. at the beginning, before Murmur was released, because a friend kept sending me live tapes from club shows and telling me this was The Next Big Thing. So I bought each record as it was released and I have to say that when Life's Rich Pageant came out, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I listened to it on trains all over Europe that year and it's still easily my favorite. I kind of wish they'd re-master it, though. Or maybe they did and I don't know about it?

I started with R.E.M. at the beginning, before Murmur was released, because a friend kept sending me live tapes from club shows and telling me this was The Next Big Thing. So I bought each record as it was released and I have to say that when Life's Rich Pageant came out, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I listened to it on trains all over Europe that year and it's still easily my favorite. I kind of wish they'd re-master it, though. Or maybe they did and I don't know about it?

Well it was re-released with b-sides back in the late 90's along with the other I.R.S. albums; I was under the impression they were remastered as well?

Back
Top Bottom