Accelerate - REM album - March 31 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
damn, woke up late, and was only able to get nosebleeds for NYC.

Oh well. I've never been to Madison Square Garden so it should be cool anyway.

Okay... missed GA so there was no point in getting floor seats that were miles away. So I ended up getting Section 202 for 20 bucks less. It's not that bad. Laz, I hope you didn't get in the 400s, the view is not very good from that high.

Yay gonna go see REM in NYC! :yippie: :drool: :love: :combust: :faint:

I'm loving this album more and more, the more I listen to it! :drool:

Current favorite: Houston... even though it's short.

Zootlesque said:
Okay... missed GA so there was no point in getting floor seats that were miles away. So I ended up getting Section 202 for 20 bucks less. It's not that bad. Laz, I hope you didn't get in the 400s, the view is not very good from that high.

Yeah, I did. I didn't have time to ask anyone to go with me, so I figured the $50 would make it a little easier for someone to accept.

I'm just glad I'm not in the way, way back. I'm on the side closer to the front. 421 maybe?

Oh well... I'm sure it'll still be a great night! Is this gonna be your first visit to MSG? I see you are from LA.

Anu said:
Because I cannot yet bear the thought of not seeing them this tour for the first time--gasp--since 1987.

I've always wanted to ask you this... do you have a bigger picture of your avatar? Is it Bono dressed up like an Indian god or something??? It looks hilarious! And is your username your real name?

There are still great singles available for Chicago too...lower levels, 102 section, around in that area.

Has anyone been to the United Center? It'll be my first trip to Chicago, and I'm wondering what section 111 is like.

Zootlesque said:

Is it Bono dressed up like an Indian god or something???

Or perhaps it's Bono dressed up like the Pope.

PopeJP11.jpg

I have been obsessing about REM for two weeks and so wish I could commit to one of these shows this morning.

Tangent: It's Bono being the Pope of course, with crucifix and iPod.

Anu is short for Anuran which means frog in Latin. It's a nickname--one of many--and many friends call me that, so it' more than just a screen name and not quite a real name. (pronounced Ah-new)

Real me is on the mainpage: Andy Smith or Andrew William Smith (trying out the full name as a byline).

Thanks for asking!!!!

Picked up two lawn seats for the Philly show at The Mann center. Fucking $25 in Ticketbastard charges, but whatever, I get to see R.E.M. again, woo.

Anu said:
Tangent: It's Bono being the Pope of course, with crucifix and iPod.

Anu is short for Anuran which means frog in Latin. It's a nickname--one of many--and many friends call me that, so it' more than just a screen name and not quite a real name. (pronounced Ah-new)

Cool! Haha I guess the combination of an avatar that looked like Bono dressed up like an Indian god and your name Anu (which is actually an Indian name too) made me wonder if you're Indian. I guess not. :wink:

Lancemc said:
Fucking $25 in Ticketbastard charges

:shocked: for one ticket??? Anyway, even 10 or 15 dollars is too much for these charges! Fuck ticketmaster! :mad: Wish there was another site (without ridiculously overpriced tickets) where we could get tix. :|

I hope you didn't have lawn tickets when they were touring for Around the Sun. It would have been so easy to just lean back...and fall asleep.

At least the Reveal tour only had one crappy album's worth of songs on display.

There's no way this is going to top seeing the fan club-only show at a smaller theatre in Los Angeles for In Time, or two Monster shows back to back outside of Chicago, one of them from like 15th row, where they were testing material for Hi-Fi, but whatever. I'm excited to see some old nuggets I haven't seen before.

Zootlesque said:

Cool! Haha I guess the combination of an avatar that looked like Bono dressed up like an Indian god and your name Anu (which is actually an Indian name too) made me wonder if you're Indian. I guess not. :wink:

Right: "Anu" has a bazillion or more meanings, many of them mythopoetic!

My wife used to be a Hindu and has traveled to India, but she's of European descent and was born in Edmonton, Alberta.

Back on topic: I actually think this would be a fun lawn show if people dance. Do people still dance at REM shows?

lazarus said:
I hope you didn't have lawn tickets when they were touring for Around the Sun. It would have been so easy to just lean back...and fall asleep.

At least the Reveal tour only had one crappy album's worth of songs on display.

There's no way this is going to top seeing the fan club-only show at a smaller theatre in Los Angeles for In Time, or two Monster shows back to back outside of Chicago, one of them from like 15th row, where they were testing material for Hi-Fi, but whatever. I'm excited to see some old nuggets I haven't seen before.

Those shows sound extremely badass.

I had orchestra seats for the Around the Sun tour. "Get Up" and "Maps and Legends" fucking tore that place up. God damn what a good show that was, regardless of the weak ATS material.

Hopefully what this show lacks in proximity, it will make up for in rocking-my-balls-off-ness.

Lancemc said:
Picked up two lawn seats for the Philly show at The Mann center. Fucking $25 in Ticketbastard charges, but whatever, I get to see R.E.M. again, woo.

I'm really tempted here. I've only been to one show at the Mann Center, and it was Rufus Wainwright and awesome. I believe this show is either in the middle of exams or my wedding, so it's not a plausible thing, really.

Anu said:
Back on topic: I actually think this would be a fun lawn show if people dance. Do people still dance at REM shows?
Yep they do. I saw them on the ATS show and even here, our boring town in Australia, in a vast concrete arena, everyone got up for the first song, and remained standing!!! Shocking, I know :lol:

And that was 3 years ago, when they celebrated their 25th anniversary in one of our pubs, where I often drink, but where I wasn't that particular night :mad:

Gotta say Hollow Man is the current fav for me. Catchiest thing they've written since, What's The Frequency Kenneth for my money...

Salome said:
I can't wait to see them again

only got to see them once (the tour that supported their best of Warner) as they cancelled Monster tour over here twice and they didn't bother showing up during their other tours :D

REM rules

The Monster tour was the first concert ticket I ever bought. The show was cancelled though because a tornado ripped a hole in the roof of the Tallahassee civic center a few days before the show and they didn't reschedule.

With the refunded money I bought F.S.U.opology instead. Good times.

Back
Top Bottom