Accelerate - REM album - March 31 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque said:
I still haven't listened to this album at all except for Supernatural Superserious online. :dance:

What????

Has been "available" elsewhere since early March :ohmy:

The full album has been leaked. Even you can find previews of all songs on youtube

I'll wait till the March 31st midnight sale to get my brand spankin new cassette! :combust: Until then, how am I gonna know anything about the album anyway? :shrug:

:sexywink:

i have been playing album non stop and here is my marks out of 10 for each song

Living well's the best revenge 9
Man sized wreath 8
Supernatural superserious 8
Hollow man 9
Houston 6
Accelerate 7
Until the day is done 5
Mr Richards 6
Sing for the submarine 5
Horse to water 9
I'm gonna D.J. 8

Overall a good album which starts brilliantly (first 4 tracks) then it gets a little flat in the middle and comes back to life again on the last 2 tracks

Only listened to it once, but Hollow Man and Accelerate are already stand-out tracks.

Also love the Glass Onion-style recalling of earlier REM songs, High Speed Train, Electron Blue and Feeling Gravity's Pull in Sing Sing For The Submarine

ponkine said:

What????

Has been "available" elsewhere since early March :ohmy:

The full album has been leaked. Even you can find previews of all songs on youtube

Maybe there are still people who are willing to wait for an album to be released properly? :eyebrow:

Yeah I really don't listen to leaks of albums I really want to get. I'm waiting for the "real thing" on Tuesday. Best Buy $9.99 :hyper:

like the album very much so far
only listened to it twice and liked it better the second time around
think i was expecting too much the first listen

don't want to sound like I want to be obtuse here, but the album it reminds me of the most is actually Around the Sun

of course the tempo went up, the songs are shorter and there's 67 times more guitar
but - overall - the melodies and lyrics resemble that album more than any other in my opinion

Hollow Man and Sing for the submarine are my favourites so far
probably because I think Stipe is sounding more interesting on those 2
Mr. Richards, Man sized wreath, Living well is the best revenge, Horse to water (can't get that one out of my head) and Accelerate aren't far behind though

7+ / 10

Thanks to all the money I spent on various cold medications last week, I might have to wait until payday this Friday to pick up this album and the Muse CD/DVD.

:grumpy:

I've given the album 3 listens and although I find it fun and good, it really isn't anything special, a few great songs but don't think I'm gonna buy it.

Back
Top Bottom