AC/DC Setlist Protest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Setlist protests seem to be really hip at the moment. Over at the Muse board, fans have long threads complaining about the static setlists of Muse's current tour. Seems they are all copying U2 fans :lol:

I could probably make a joke about all their songs sounding the same anyway, I guess.

Can't really be buggered, though.

Yeah, same.

Honestly, good on them. If they can differentiate the songs, more power to them in seeking setlists they can differentiate.

so from now on, when the idiots here that bitch about U2's static setlists, i can punch them in the face because 90% of all the other bands do the same?

so from now on, when the idiots here that bitch about U2's static setlists, i can punch them in the face because 90% of all the other bands do the same?
from what i've seen, it really seems playing the same set the whole tour is the norm. the last time i saw my favourite band, they played an identical set the whole leg. though that was unusual for them, there's usually a little variation. but still, whenever i get lost on wikipedia (you know, where two hours go by and suddenly you're reading some page and you don't know how you got there) and come across someone's tour, past or present, there's a setlist posted. i assume this means they played the same set the whole tour. the handful of people i like enough to see multiple times do vary their sets though, so anything else, i don't really care.

i feel bad for any mega ac/dc fans though if they're seeing multiple shows. i assume people are up in arms because this is unlike them? if so, that truly does suck.

Compared with Akka Dakka and Coldplay, U2 setlists are anything but static, but compared with Pearl Jam and Radiohead, U2 setlists are abysmally static.

U2 are the middle ground. Half static, half chaotic. Sometimes it's not enough, sometimes it's too much.

I have no sympathy. After how many shows did these people attend before they thought " shit, we just blew X amount to hear this again ? "

Back
Top Bottom