AC/DC - Black Ice - Album & Tour Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

asr

Acrobat
I'm excited about 'Black Ice'. Is anyone else anticipating it?
:bonodrum:

AC/DC fucking rocks.

Has anyone played the drinking game involving Thunderstruck? You take a drink of beer every time the word thunder is said in the song. It's fun. Listen to the song about 5 times and you'll be ready to roll.

GAF, I'm starting to think we may need to hold an e-intervention for you.

AC/DC hasn't been relevant in 20 years, and their music was never anything special, imo. Both the original singer and the second(current?) one sound like dying cats. Imo.

Imo.

:wink:

They've been making the same album for 30 years, it's great. They found their sound and stuck with it.

headbanger.gif

AC/DC hasn't been relevant in 20 years, and their music was never anything special, imo. Both the original singer and the second(current?) one sound like dying cats. Imo.

Imo.

:wink:

Ah, and therein lies the appeal of Acca Dacca...sure they're not 'relevant' to what's going on around them musically, but they still lay down some mega-riffs and some raunchy lyrics and *voila* they have a hit single (and possibly album) and a tour that will sell out a majority of the arenas they play.

'Rock 'n Roll Train' is heads and tails better than 'Stiff Upper Lip', which I quite enjoyed...eh, but what do I know...:shrug:...I haven't been 'relevant' in 20 years...:sigh:

And please with the 'same sounding song' complaint...they're bluesy and they're loud...and that has served them well going on 35 years...:rockon:

AC/DC - insidious new Ticketbastard strategy

So I was flirting with the idea of taking my 12 year old to AC/DC, I haven't really been into them in the last 25 years or so, I was a huge fan in the Bon Scott/Back in Black days, but he likes them so I was thinking about taking him.

So, checking tickets today, I could get "meh" tickets at abut 90 each (pre-Ticketbastard charges0, but I could get slightly better tickets by adding apre-order for the new album - Not THAT much better mind you, still upper bowl, but the additional charge ? $17!!! Who the hell pays $17 for a new CD these days ? Typically Amazon will have for about half of the.

So checkig back later, i now see that for the first night at the forum, that the only tix they have left are the ticket+pre-order options.

It's getting worse in the ticketing world, McGuinne$$ will take one look at this and charge $200/ticket +$50 surcharge for the pre-order of the album w. bonus DVD of Bono and edge playing 2 new songs on a banjo.....

Pearl Jam was right.

But now you have to pay +$$ to TM to see them too if you don't get fan club (which of course you have to pay for) tix.

I also like the link TM provides to their broker site when you can't get tix through a regular sale.

Wasn't some politico going to try taking them to task this summer?

Live Nation isn't going to be much better either, despite all the hype. For hundreds of dollars you could have the option to buy tickets :happy:
Unless you can write it off, or you're a scalper, it's a joke.

In the LA Times a few weeks ago, the new pres of TB was saying that he hopes to make the fees on TB more reasonable or some such shit. Apparently he has different ideas of what reasonable means.

Or maybe this is the only way AC/DC thinks anyone will buy their new record?

In the LA Times a few weeks ago, the new pres of TB was saying that he hopes to make the fees on TB more reasonable or some such shit. Apparently he has different ideas of what reasonable means.

Or maybe this is the only way AC/DC thinks anyone will buy their new record?

This gets worse. I wanted to check the Amazon price to see how much they'd be selling it for as I wanted to get it for my son. Nothing on there. A bit weird i thought. i then checked Tower, again nothing. Very strange. So i went to the website and guess what ? It is ONLY available through the website or at WALMART ! WTF??

That's the very epitome of corporate whoredom, they can go fuck themselves if they think i'll buy it at wal mart.

Free download time.

The CD may be available from other sources in late October. But yeah, that was apparently their marketing campaign to go thru WalMart. I don't shop there, so even if I were considering buying it, I wouldn't be able to. Pretty stupid if you ask me. I had a customer already ask me for it, and I told him to check back with me next month.

I buy wholesale, and my supplier lists that he may have the imported version in late October, would retail for about what I'd retail a major label artist for

I had friends that were gonna try for tix to the show today as well - don't know how that worked out. I saw them in the early 80s (For Those About To Rock Tour) and again about 20 years later. They put on a great show. Hope you get tix & can take your son toscano!

TM :angry:

Two tickets for me ended up being $214.05 after fees. :yikes: They are my boyfriend's favorite band though, so I had to do it!!! I didn't do the album pre-order, and I still managed to get tickets in the area my boyfriend was hoping for. Guess I got lucky!

I was kind of freaking out for a bit though. I had got online right when tickets went on sale, and I threw out the first two tickets that got offered to me, hoping I could do better. Then, when I tried again, I couldn't get any of those stupid captchas to display!!! :scream: When I finally did, it was telling me no tickets were available. :crack: I was cursing myself for stupidly passing on that first set of tickets!! I gave it another go though and did better than the first tickets that were offered. So...the risk paid off, but I nearly had heart failure for about five minutes. :lol: :yikes:

As for only selling their album at Wal-Mart...I found that news surprising, but I don't care. :shrug: I will buy it.

The CD may be available from other sources in late October. But yeah, that was apparently their marketing campaign to go thru WalMart. I don't shop there, so even if I were considering buying it, I wouldn't be able to. Pretty stupid if you ask me. I had a customer already ask me for it, and I told him to check back with me next month.

I buy wholesale, and my supplier lists that he may have the imported version in late October, would retail for about what I'd retail a major label artist for

I had friends that were gonna try for tix to the show today as well - don't know how that worked out. I saw them in the early 80s (For Those About To Rock Tour) and again about 20 years later. They put on a great show. Hope you get tix & can take your son toscano!

TM :angry:

Yeah, I usually find i can decent tix 2 or 3 days after something goes on sale. See, people are stupid. They let credit cards expire, don't fill out something properly, cards get declined, etc. I won't getting the "plus album" tix though, I can only take it so far up the ass....

Plus i DID get him (and my other son) Metallica tix, 8th row off the floor, cheaper than AC/DC upper bowl even without the album.

Rockin' parents FTMFW :hi5:

Glad tickets worked out for you BC :up:

\random sidenote
---there was a one-day special offer this past week for Raconteurs tix on 9/23 at the Greek Theater. Approx. $10-11. Hubby bought two for him & a friend. The TM fees were $9.50 each ticket :happy: Yes, they are the crappiest tix in section C, but he doesn't care. My point being the fees were almost more than the special offer price tix! :angry:

i've always been a fan of AC/DC for years...never seen em...

yesterday, i joined the fan club and got 2 floor tickets to Phoenix show to the right of catwalk 1.5 hr after sale started, overslept.... damn but oh well, glad fan club came through! woohoo!!!! also pre-ordered new album deluxe limited edition for $15 from fan club... free shipping, pretty cool. AC/DC uses paperless tickets, never heard of such a thing. Show up to the concert with credit card you used an they swipe it to let you in. I love saving the ticket stub tho, dammit.

i'm hyped up!! :rockon:

AC/DC uses paperless tickets, never heard of such a thing. Show up to the concert with credit card you used an they swipe it to let you in. I love saving the ticket stub tho, dammit.

That's to keep scalpers from buying up these tickets. If the credit card you used to buy the ticket is essentially the ticket, you won't be able to resell it. :)

Back
Top Bottom