AC/DC - Black Ice - Album & Tour Discussion - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2008, 01:34 PM   #46
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 12:50 AM

It was just an epic evening. I completely got into it. Before I knew it, I was dancing and headbanging involuntarily. I screamed louder than I ever have in my entire life. When they said they were doing "War Machine", my favorite from the new album, I screamed, "YES!!!!!" so loudly that my boyfriend was like, "Was that YOU??" It was so exciting! I was full of energy and moving for most of the show. There were a couple times when Angus was just so extraordinarily awesome with his guitar though that I was sort of stunned and standing still in awe.

The show lasted about an hour and a half. It seems to be a big complaint that the show should be longer. These shows are CRAMMED though. They aren't wasting your time, they pack so much into that hour and a half. It feels like so much more. I'm not complaining.

The whole way home, one of us said something along the lines of, "How awesome was that???" at least every five minutes.

My boyfriend said he'd see me singing along to some songs and would be surprised, as he didn't even know the words. I'd look over at him and see this huge smile on his face. It was the happiest I'd ever seen him. It was probably the funnest thing we've ever done. I feel like we both kinda fell a little more in love with each other that night.

We blew $70 on merch......shirt for him, bandana for me, and a program.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Bonochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:14 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonochick View Post

It was just an epic evening. I completely got into it. Before I knew it, I was dancing and headbanging involuntarily. I screamed louder than I ever have in my entire life. When they said they were doing "War Machine", my favorite from the new album, I screamed, "YES!!!!!" so loudly that my boyfriend was like, "Was that YOU??" It was so exciting! I was full of energy and moving for most of the show. There were a couple times when Angus was just so extraordinarily awesome with his guitar though that I was sort of stunned and standing still in awe.

The show lasted about an hour and a half. It seems to be a big complaint that the show should be longer. These shows are CRAMMED though. They aren't wasting your time, they pack so much into that hour and a half. It feels like so much more. I'm not complaining.

The whole way home, one of us said something along the lines of, "How awesome was that???" at least every five minutes.

My boyfriend said he'd see me singing along to some songs and would be surprised, as he didn't even know the words. I'd look over at him and see this huge smile on his face. It was the happiest I'd ever seen him. It was probably the funnest thing we've ever done. I feel like we both kinda fell a little more in love with each other that night.

We blew $70 on merch......shirt for him, bandana for me, and a program.

Awesome Bonochick...

I'm going in a month...can't wait. One of the few bands from this genre that I haven't seen. I love the new album, and I know all the older stuff. I know the complaint with AC/DC is 'they play the same thing over and over'...but really they rock, and they roll and I wanna whenever I hear Angus break into a trademark riff.

Glad you had a great time...

Old 08-23-2009, 06:39 PM   #48
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 12:50 AM

We saw them again last week. We were down on the floor this time, next to the platform that raises Angus up during "Let There Be Rock". It was another awesome show!

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Bonochick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ac/dc, acdc, black ice