51st Annual Grammy Nominations/Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha, was that you Impy that said you'd light yourself on fire if Sex On Fire beat out House of Cards for Best Rock Performance by a duo or group? Well, get out the matches and kerosene.

Re: The Blink-182 reunion announcement. Ok, they're a pretty crappy band, but, damn, they created one of the catchiest songs ever in "All the Small Things". I don't care who you are: If you were between the ages of 10-25 when that song came out, and you hear it now when you're with your friends, it's sing-along time.:heart:

Haha, was that you Impy that said you'd light yourself on fire if Sex On Fire beat out House of Cards for Best Rock Performance by a duo or group? Well, get out the matches and kerosene.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
My face is on fiy-ah!

blink-182, for all intents and purposes, are the band who got me as heavy into music as I am. Sure I was young and listening to shitty tunes, but I couldn't get enough. I taught myself guitar by learning their songs.

Still, no need to reunite.

Ahhh, Bruce won one tonight, too. Girls In Their Summer Clothes took Best Rock Song. Sweet. There are so many awards they don't televise.

Re: The Blink-182 reunion announcement. Ok, they're a pretty crappy band, but, damn, they created one of the catchiest songs ever in "All the Small Things". I don't care who you are: If you were between the ages of 10-25 when that song came out, and you hear it now when you're with your friends, it's sing-along time.:heart:

Enema Of The State is the only Blink record worth having. "All The Small Things", "Adam's Song", "What's My Age Again", "Aliens Exist" FTW.

Is this thread all fucked up now for everyone else? LMP's sig has gone off the grid. I think Deep broke the thread by trying to stir a really old and invalid controversy.

11098715sr0.jpg

Thank you, deep. Your video has made this page go all wonky.

Is this thread all fucked up now for everyone else? LMP's sig has gone off the grid. I think Deep broke the thread by trying to stir a really old and invalid controversy.

first, I blame the snot nosed kid - for breaking this thread

2nd, I have never bothered to open a coldplay thread, so I don't know what is in them

last,
I just asked a question, I hope they get served and this gets settled in court
George Harrison, had to pay up for stealing the tune "My Sweet Lord" from "He's so fine"

GRAMMY.com

awards I don't think we saw...

Best Pop Vocal Album - Duffy Rockferry

Best Dance Recording - Daft Punk Harder Better Faster Stronger

Best Electronic/Dance Album - Daft Punk Alive 2007

Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance - John Mayer Gravity

Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals - Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire

Best Hard Rock Performance - Mars Volta Wax Simulacra

Best Metal Performance - Metallica My Apocalypse

Best Rock Song - Bruce Springsteen Girls In Their Summer Clothes

Best Alternative Music Album - Radiohead In Rainbows

Just watching krause and plant

now I know why this album has done so well

> T-Bone , this smells and sounds more like his stuff

than it does either plant or krause's stuff.

Lol I didnt think the Grammies were on for another couple of weeks,and I jump online to find out they were on today.....

Wow, what a line up at the Grammy's. And I hope Chris Brown gets fucking locked up for doing whatever he did to Rihanna.

U2 > Coldplay > Radiohead

Why the fuck choose the epitome of average, 15 Step to play at the Grammies. ReckoneR all the way baby.

GRAMMY.com

awards I don't think we saw...

Best Pop Vocal Album - Duffy Rockferry

Best Dance Recording - Daft Punk Harder Better Faster Stronger

Best Electronic/Dance Album - Daft Punk Alive 2007

Best Solo Rock Vocal Performance - John Mayer Gravity

Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals - Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire

Best Hard Rock Performance - Mars Volta Wax Simulacra

Best Metal Performance - Metallica My Apocalypse

Best Rock Song - Bruce Springsteen Girls In Their Summer Clothes

Best Alternative Music Album - Radiohead In Rainbows

Thanks for posting these. I might be the only one here, but I am happy Kings of Leon won an award.

I haven't watched the Grammys in 8 years. I figure I will, tonight. I'm looking forward to a number of the performances.

I'm re-done with this garbage. Ugh. What a horrible mistake, for me to watch that entire telecast. If it hadn't been nearly a decade, maybe I could've much more easily gone along with things, but because I'd let my defenses down, the entire production hit me like a bucket of Ice Age water, right in the face and balls. I just kept waiting and waiting (and waiting and waiting and waiting) for something to take away the pain, and while almost half of Radiohead and Neil Diamond did what they could at least to ease said pain, they hardly cured me. Jesus Fuck, do I hate these kinds of broadcasts.

And Jennifer Hudson trumps Raphael Saadiq for R&B Album of the Year, because her family member got murdered? Come the fuck on. Ridiculous. And then there was the Album of the Year deal, and I figured that at least Radiohead might finally get some props. Of course, that didn't work out, either. I love me some T-Bone Burnett, sure, but crazy's crazy. And them shits...? They was crazy.

I'm not at all criticizing anybody for watching or enjoying, mind you. I'm just stating that it was hell on earth, for me. If I hadn't've been at a get-together with friends, I would've turned them shits off after 15 minutes and just relied on YouTube.

Never again. Never again. Never again.

Oh, and I was surprised to learn that Morgan Freeman lost his hand, in that car accident. Insane. He looked like the golf pro dude, from that Adam Sandler-golfs-angrily movie. Insanity, I tell you.

I flipped between The Grammys and BAFTAs last night so only caught tiny bits. Why can't they just show the awards live to both coasts? Isn't that the whole point of having the awards on Sunday instead of Wednesday? :shrug:
U2 was amazing but the sounded was off for that performance, the "Rap Pack" and so many others. Like has been said a few times in this thread, how has this show been airing for so many years and they still haven't gotten the sound right?
I'm excited about the Blink-182 reunion. I never saw the band live and am looking forward to reliving my college days.
I love John Mayer, I think he's insanely talented and deserving of the accolades he gets, except for last night. "Say" is a really lame, formulaic soundtrack song, not his best (though better he get it than Kid Rock). "Gravity" was a live version and I don't believe live versions or covers should be nominated at all. Isn't there enough good orginal music available to get notice from the academy?

I was actually more surprised to learn he is total BFF with Kenny Chesney.

I guess now we know who helped Kenny float that keg in the closet.

Why the fuck is Morgan Freeman friends with Kenny Chesney? He's the king of cheese. Kenny Chesney is hugely responsible for the shit-fest that is modern country music.

And, btw, Kid Rock didn't won one single award. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom