51st Annual Grammy Nominations/Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*I keep reading magazines/blogs/your mom saying how The Jonas Brothers are really pretty good, that they're making good pop music and will be coming into their own soon, making respectable power pop like Cheap Trick or whatever. I dunno. I can't quite decide. I thought they seemed like decent musicians when I watched them, and the song seemed fun and catchy, but .... I just don't know. Maybe if they didn't have the stink of Disney all around them, I might feel differently.

The Jonas Brothers are doing what Hanson was doing 12 years ago, except that Hanson was much, much better, despite the mockery they received. I've not heard a single Jonas track that, imo, even approaches the catchiness of mmmBop. I'm serious. The Jonas Brothers are nothing special(Hanson aren't either, but they're still much, much better, imo).

That's because you can't drink.

I would do absolutely abhorrent things to Katy Perry. There's nothing sexy about her persona or the faux-bisexuality. I just think she's fucking hot.

Please refrain from discussing or engaging in any inter-office *bleep* and *bleep* and finger *bleep* and *long bleep* or even *bleep*, even though so many of us are begging for it. Oh, and if anyone lays a finger on my sister Lindsay, I'll take off my pants, I'll show you my *bleep* and I'll personally *long bleep*.

Paper Planes is one of the best singles of the last five years.

I'm not going to disagree. I remember when Kala came out how much I loved it. I still adore the whole record. I just can't listen to that track anymore. After the Pineapple Express trailer hit and the song got huge and I had to see piece of shit sorostitutes doing handgun and cash register motions, I knew I wouldn't be able to listen to it anymore.

It's not about being an elitist, which I'm the first to say I can be. It's about having a great tune ruined by ubiquity and the adoration of philistines.

Katy Perry represents a societal double standard to me. I mean, if a male artist had released a track called 'I Kissed A Guy', his career would be over. But a woman sings 'I Kissed A Girl', and she's a superstar.

Katy Perry represents a societal double standard to me. I mean, if a male artist had released a track called 'I Kissed A Guy', his career would be over. But a woman sings 'I Kissed A Girl', and she's a superstar.

With sexy results.

Did somebody say ... KNIFE CRIME?

Katy_Perry.jpg

Yup.

I think the bigger issue is the double standard of shit music being popular, but we all choose our own battles, I suppose.

If you all went to Katy Perry and told her how hot you thought she was, she'd just brush you off and say "That's nice, man. But I need to come up with my next wacky stage stunt, like being in a giant banana or stage-diving onto a giant cake."

Why is Katy Perry being discussed right now? Is this the summer of 2008 or something?

AHhhhhh SNAP!

If you all went to Katy Perry and told her how hot you thought she was, she'd just brush you off and say "That's nice, man. But I need to come up with my next wacky stage stunt, like being in a giant banana or stage-diving onto a giant cake."

I've got a giant banana for her right here.

Or she could go with pfan if she's more in the market for a plantain.

I think the bigger issue is the double standard of shit music being popular, but we all choose our own battles, I suppose.

"If this is what's popular now, I think I'm done. I no longer have any connection to this world. I'm gonna go home and kill myself." :wink:

Back
Top Bottom