51st Annual Grammy Nominations/Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats to Robert Plant & Alison Krauss for album of the year. Though I find "In Rainbows" to be the superior album, "Raising Sand" is nothing short of brilliant in my opinion. The win is an especially pleasant surprise, as I expected Coldplay to take home album of the year undeservedly.

I agree wholeheartedly. Their pairing and album were a wonderful surprise. In a million years I'd never have thought to put those two together, but the album is fantastic and their performance tonight was great.

I never really watched Miley before

sometimes, when she is singing she kind of gets an expression that makes her look just like her dad - it is kind of creepy - all that said

I would rather watch and listen to her, than watch Chris Martin and those Coldplay geeks - could they be any worse
they wear boys size clothes, they look like they rummaged through Michale Jackson's discards from the 80s

:lmao:

Miley and Taylor are talented. I mean, they are great for their target audience. I don't get why people rag on Miley. She honestly does not bother me in the least though, granted, I have limited exposure.

Between his 30-year absence from making good music and this collaboration with the Jonas Brothers, I'm wondering if Wonder should just be put out of his joyous misery.

Between his 30-year absence from making good music and this collaboration with the Jonas Brothers, I'm wondering if Wonder should just be put out of his joyous misery.

It's a shame, cos his voice still sounds good.

Is it wrong that I like "Overjoyed" by Wonder, thus making me somewhat disagree with the 30-year figure?

It's a shame, cos his voice still sounds good.

Is it wrong that I like "Overjoyed" by Wonder, thus making me somewhat disagree with the 30-year figure?

Although I'm not familiar with much of Wonder's post-prime work, I consider "Overjoyed" to be one of the best songs he's put out in the last 25 years. :up:

Although I'm not familiar with much of Wonder's post-prime work, I consider "Overjoyed" to be one of the best songs he's put in the last 25 years. :up:

It's probably a little, or maybe a lot cheesy, but I like it anyway.

I think that's the only song of his I've liked since his brilliant output in the 70's.

Laz, maybe someone heard him tonight, some Jonas Brothers fan, and he/she will feel compelled to dive into Wonder's work.

It is not wrong. Overjoyed is a beautiful song. Stevie still brings the stellar singing, and somehow, playing with silly people like The Jonas Brothers* does not diminish his awesome Stevieness.

Because dude - he wrote Superstition and Higher Ground. And you didn't.

*I keep reading magazines/blogs/your mom saying how The Jonas Brothers are really pretty good, that they're making good pop music and will be coming into their own soon, making respectable power pop like Cheap Trick or whatever. I dunno. I can't quite decide. I thought they seemed like decent musicians when I watched them, and the song seemed fun and catchy, but .... I just don't know. Maybe if they didn't have the stink of Disney all around them, I might feel differently.

It is not wrong. Overjoyed is a beautiful song. Stevie still brings the stellar singing, and somehow, playing with silly people like The Jonas Brothers* does not diminish his awesome Stevieness.

Because dude - he wrote Superstition and Higher Ground. And you didn't.

*I keep reading magazines/blogs/your mom saying how The Jonas Brothers are really pretty good, that they're making good pop music and will be coming into their own soon, making respectable power pop like Cheap Trick or whatever. I dunno. I can't quite decide. I thought they seemed like decent musicians when I watched them, and the song seemed fun and catchy, but .... I just don't know. Maybe if they didn't have the stink of Disney all around them, I might feel differently.

I was not impressed by them, but they at least seemed psyched to be on stage with Stevie.

Eh, if I want to look at a chick doing the retro-pinup-girl-glam thing, I'll go check out Dita Von Teese.

Ooh yay! American Boy!

...why is Kanye West dressed like 1980 Michael Jackson?

Cori, I am feeling your Katy Perry pain right now.

I don't know if it gets more awful than this.

And yes, Wonder's written a decent song here and there, but the level of dropoff between that streak of four albums in the 70's (three Best Album Grammys in four years?!?!) and what came after is simply shocking. He just went from genius right to crap. God knows what happened in the four-year sabbatical between Songs in the Key of Life and Hotter Than July, but he would have been better off getting in a motorcycle accident like Dylan.

EDIT: Actually, I know what happened. The commercial failure of The Secret Life of Plants.

She aint no Zooey, but she's definitely easy on the eyes.

Impy = skum, though. SKUM.

The funny thing is, the first time I saw what she looked like was on a screen downtown, which I didn't even realize till I read Impy's post.

Fuck, I hate clubbing, though.

So now the sound was messed up for Adele's speech. Seriously - don't they have anyone over there who knows how to do sound for a TV broadcast?

There must be something missing, something I don't know. Is it impossible to do sound so it is both acceptable live and acceptable via the broadcast?

Wow, if you asked me to guess who Morgan Freeman was introducing with that little speech, I don't think I ever would have come up with Kenny Chesney.

He must be suffering from whatever Stevie Wonder is.

The funny thing is, the first time I saw what she looked like was on a screen downtown, which I didn't even realize till I read Impy's post.

Fuck, I hate clubbing, though.

That's because you can't drink.

I would do absolutely abhorrent things to Katy Perry. There's nothing sexy about her persona or the faux-bisexuality. I just think she's fucking hot.

Aw, poor M.I.A. sitting in her chair somewhere - I'm guessing backstage? Man, she is ready to pop.

Back
Top Bottom