51st Annual Grammy Nominations/Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why was T Pain there? Did he get off the motherfuckin' boat?

I liked how Seacrest asked him all aboug going to jail in the red carpet pre-show thing.

"So! You're heading to jail! What's that feel like?"

I'm pretty pissed that Lupe Fiasco didn't win Best Rap Album. The Cool was brilliant, unlike Mr. Overrated himself, Lil' Wayne, who needs to pull up his lil' pants.

Ok, I really need to pick up "Raising Sand". I really loved that performance. If it wasn't Coldplay or Radiohead, I'm glad it was them. Also, who is Billie Joe Armstrong, really: Benjamin Button? I can't believe he's almost 40. He looks about 25.:lol: I'm really looking forward to new Green Day.:love:

Raising Sand is a great album. I had to come back over here for some sanity, rather than the "THIS IS BULLSHIT WAAAAAAAAAAH" comments over in the other thread.

Get over it, it's just the fucking Grammys.

Honestly, after hearing their Zeppelin covers, the last thing I wanted to do was hear that Plant/Krauss record, but their performance was excellent tonight. Not sure they deserve the award, as I never listened to the album, but they took the award from Coldplay and that, to me, was awesome. I'll give them a fair chance.

Raising is good as In Rainbows, so the award was deserved. But I love both albums, so I'm sad and glad at the same time. Also, I'm a little sad for Coldplay... but they're young, and I'm sure Grammy won't forget then next time...

Not sure they deserve the award, as I never listened to the album, but they took the award from Coldplay and that, to me, was awesome. I'll give them a fair chance.

Thank fucking god.

Now I can watch it safely without the risk of damaging my television, living room, cat, or roommates.

And it's one of the few pop songs I like with a rap bit in it. Kanye's part is perfect in this song.

Whitney Houston was a total trainwreck. They've been trying to hype her comeback for years now, but it just aint happening.

U2 sounded great!

Love Adele's voice too and agree with the Justin love.

Soooo sick of Miley and Jonas. Ugh!

I like it even more if I hear it whilst wearing my pea coat.

Coldplay just makes me cringe. I can't get past it.

Gwyneth makes me cringe, too, ever since I saw her on The Daily Show and she didn't get John Stewart's humor. It was one of the weirdest interviews I've ever seen. I saw her on the street once here with some goofy looking guy who I only later realized was Chris Martin. It was right after they got together and I didn't really know who he was then. She looks fantastic without makeup, I will give her that.

u2 and coldplay had very 'meh' performances, chris & bono were trying to hard and it reeked of desperation.
i am looking forward to radiohead but i'm afraid it's gonna be a long night and after enduring a very painful kid rock performance i am very tempting to give up and turn the tv off.

I'd be really excited about the blink-182 reunion if I was still fucking 14.

Congrats to Robert Plant & Alison Krauss for album of the year. Though I find "In Rainbows" to be the superior album, "Raising Sand" is nothing short of brilliant in my opinion. The win is an especially pleasant surprise, as I expected Coldplay to take home album of the year undeservedly.

I never really watched Miley before

sometimes, when she is singing she kind of gets an expression that makes her look just like her dad - it is kind of creepy - all that said

I would rather watch and listen to her, than watch Chris Martin and those Coldplay geeks - could they be any worse
they wear boys size clothes, they look like they rummaged through Michale Jackson's discards from the 80s

Well put, Deep.

And maybe this is a dumb question, but did Radiohead and Plant/Krauss already perform on the Pacific Time airing? They're talking about upcoming performances and I haven't heard them mentioned yet.

No, they haven't aired yet on the west coast. They just won for pop collaboration, but that's the first we've seen of them.

Back
Top Bottom