51st Annual Grammy Nominations/Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Radiohead was good, but not as amazing as I was expecting based on all the orgasms everyone was having on the internet over it.

And I'm just catching up on the whole Chris Brown/Rihanna no-show. Apparently he beat her up and is now in custody? Or something? Dude. Way to be a douche.

Alright, the Grammys just weren't deserving of something that cool.

I wish the kids had been able to yell "Yay!" more than once.

And although Colin's slithering bass was missing, it was cool having the horns do his park. Ed should at least have been there on backing vocals or something.

Sweet stuff, and Gwyneth!! Associated with a band that's worthy of her for once.

Was the sound mixing as shit on your telecast/intercast/whatever as it was on the East Coast? I could barely hear Thom singing.

The entire broadcast has sounded abysmal. Every year it's like this. I don't understand why they can't do something about it. Even if it's too late to fix it during the show, frickin' fix it for next year!

And although Colin's slithering bass was missing, it was cool having the horns do his park. Ed should at least have been there on backing vocals or something.

I forgot to mention how much I loved the horns.

For the record, I think John Mayer is brilliant, and I'm not appreciating the hate, kids. Can't we all just get along and hate on Kid Rock? I'm embarrassed to be from the same metropolitan area as that guy.

Paper Planes is one of the best singles of the last five years.

Not too sure about a 10 year old Page/Plant song winning that.

Just you wait until you hear it backing scenes from Dune. You heard it here first, honkies.

As bad as the Chris Brown/Rhianna thing is, the irony if he beat her up with an umbrella-ella-ella-ella would be off the charts.

That Katy Perry is, like, so hot.

20mkh4.png

Not really a logical argument. It's because they're such watered-down tools that they never COULD make the greatest album of all time.

And why they're worthy of scorn.

I think that picture of Katy Perry is clearly the moment when she realized what she looked and sounded like onstage.

I still think Viva La Vida is an absolutely beautiful album. I honestly don't care that they're so mockable.

This telecast is seriously the worst in terms of investment vs. return. Year after year. I get a headache every time. There's like 3 things worth seeing and you have to slog through the most awful shit imaginable. Only someone with the worst, bandwagon musical taste could enjoy this whole show.

I just don't know if it's worth sticking around to see Plant/Krauss perform.

I wish I could yell at Chris Martin Christian Bale-style someday. It's sickening how much I dislike that guy.

I'm thinking about hauling my butt to bed. I don't want to see Plant/Krauss enough to make it through the rest of whatever other crap is coming up.

I'd love to see Rorshach work his ass over.

And I think I'm going to put on some of my Neil Diamond vinyl albums and forget I ever saw this.

Fuck, I just remembered that my boy Ed Vedder was nominated this year. Of course it wasn't televised. But guess who beat him? John Mayer. Anger has momentarily consumed me...

Ok, now I'm fine.

I'd love to see Rorshach work his ass over.

And I think I'm going to put on some of my Neil Diamond vinyl albums and forget I ever saw this.

Don't you mean Neil Young? :wink:

Did you get to the part where that pseudo-all-star group of rappers performed? I forwarded through it on my DVR. I was just wondering if it was anything other than total crap.

Back
Top Bottom